windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 02:44

is A8 compatible with windows 10?
Posted By: jcl

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 07:29

Yes, it is.
Posted By: CodeMaster

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 10:09

Quote:
The way the apps will be able to work on different devices with several different hardware configurations is that Microsoft structured Windows 10 with a common core of services capable of running underneath any device, from Xbox One, Windows phones, tablets to PCs. On top of those services is a user-interface that will vary on the device’s form factor. Developers will still have to deal with the user interface issues that would come from porting an app made for a 5-inch touchscreen smartphone to the Xbox One, but the concept is that Microsoft will allow users to play any game on any platform: the company’s long-term goal.
this mean a8 apps will run on all windows 10 devices like xbox, tablets, smartphones, or it still not all clear how it will work?
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 14:36

No, only "Universial Apps" which are a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 specifig thingy. A8 is considered a "Desktop App" which is only usable on Desktop PCs
Posted By: DLively

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 14:52

awesome thanks guys.

So whos updating to windows 10 then? cause I can't tell if its free or if its 'free'

I did some research but still can't tell... It's a little unclear.
Anyone know?
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 15:18

Originally Posted By: DLively
awesome thanks guys.

So whos updating to windows 10 then? cause I can't tell if its free or if its 'free'

I did some research but still can't tell... It's a little unclear.
Anyone know?

Its completely free if you upgrade from win7 or win8.
You have to choose the upgrade function and save the new windows key.
Now you can format your HDD and use that one key to install it every time on that piece of hardware.

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 15:35

I have a genuine version of win7...
although I think I read that its free for a year or something..

I just don't want to upgrade my win7 to win10 if im going to have to purchase something at the end of a year or what have you.

Perhaps this was some misunderstanding from my end?
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 15:43

Originally Posted By: DLively
I have a genuine version of win7...
although I think I read that its free for a year or something..

I just don't want to upgrade my win7 to win10 if im going to have to purchase something at the end of a year or what have you.

Perhaps this was some misunderstanding from my end?

You dont have to pay after the year, just when you DONT upgrade within a year it wont be free anymore

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/08/15 21:17

oh okay. That makes more sense.

Is anyone planning on updating?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/09/15 03:34

Windows 10 reports the 3dgs is a abandoned software, no longer supported by it's developers and no longer meets the requirements for the os or the future of game development. Furthermore Microsoft demands you full upgrade the system.

All in good fun.
Is it a funding issue, a resource issue(funding issue), or a motivation issue?
There is a issue as to why this engine is not being developed and the next version is " Not even planed" - JCL

Just let us know,in all true honesty, because we are surely your truest and last group of supporters

Mal
Posted By: Superku

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/09/15 07:51

Gamestudio is working fine under Windows 10.
Got a new laptop recently with Win 8 (only worked on 7 before on my desktop), upgraded immediately and I like it so far. Very quick, only some minor annoyances and the touch controls/ touch options and settings are not the best (yet).

@Malice: See my other post in the WIP thread.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: windows 10 compatible? - 08/09/15 19:32

Yes it works. I just got a new laptop too and with touchscreen. It works quite well, though for me (ASUS), there is not a touchpad driver for windows 10 yet.
And if you dont have a touchscreen, that sucks (luckily I have a touchscreen grin ).

Also small notice: there are still some problems which you can run into when upgrading to windows 10; like stuck in rebooting windows loop, problems with fast startup etc.

ps: touchscreen is much fun to toy around with when making games laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums