A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence

Posted By: Anonymous

A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/04/15 18:54

Is it possible to get a full pro-version with the royalty-free publishing removed, and at an extreme discount?
I do not want to make games with 3dgs, I would like to use it as a powerful prototyping and demoing tool.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/04/15 20:24

From the 3dgamestudio.com
Quote:
No royalties
As owner of any Gamestudio single edition you can freely publish and distribute your applications. You don't need to pay royalties, you don't need to show credits, you don't need to ask for permission. There is only one exception. It's illegal to use Gamestudio for games that propagate genocide against a certain group, race, nation or religion existing in today's real world.

Do you want put royalty into your license?

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/05/15 02:10

No I want to publish full packages there can not be sold. Only exchanged in work environments or demonstrations. Basically a team version that can publish, but do not have publish right, and like a team version, if I wish I can buy a stand-only a8 version and publish with rights.

The business model for game visualizations/demoing/prototyping.
Click to reveal..
I would like to try middle manning between want-to-be newbie developers and actual teams currently using a Game Dev system. I want to bring none-programmers ideas into a digital form and hand developers an actual prototype/demo version of the idea. There are still many idea or art based creators who are not going to be able to effectively UE4 blueprint demos and prototypes. Why spend years trying to blueprint ideas, I can 3dgs for you in days. :-D

I personally would like to find away to keep making money with the A8. I am after all an uneducated freelance jack of trades who can not through away skill sets.
Posted By: sivan

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/05/15 08:25

imo the whole licence package should be reworked due to recent changes of other engines (e.g. the evil Unity), the current features, and speed of development. but it is really up to the owner/developer/publisher to position its product on the market. (I would totally throw away Free/Extra together with decal+stencil shadows, and some backward compatibility.) it is definitely a bad period for small game engines.
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/05/15 21:43

Originally Posted By: sivan
imo the whole licence package should be reworked due to recent changes of other engines (e.g. the evil Unity), the current features, and speed of development. but it is really up to the owner/developer/publisher to position its product on the market. (I would totally throw away Free/Extra together with decal+stencil shadows, and some backward compatibility.) it is definitely a bad period for small game engines.
, keep the stencil shadows, they are handy for low poly games. But idd remove free and extra version and modify commercial and professional. Also I personally don't mind to invest some money (/init price instead of royalties) but there need to be updates to make it interesting (even if they are minor compared to the bigger engines). I don't get it why JCL doesn't even appoint 0.5 fte / 1 fte for minor updates. Were gamestudio 3d sales so bad the last years?
Posted By: jcl

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/06/15 09:43

A different license is not planned at this point. The licenses are normally adapted when a new version comes out, such as A9, but they stay during the lifetime of a version. For the purpose of a Pro Edition with no publish abilities, we have the team editions.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/06/15 15:33

Yup ok...

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/06/15 15:49

Jcl the team ed. builds a distributed single package? That information, I could not locate. Publishing as in a product output from the engine, NOT as a sales method for selling the output to customers.

Also Why would I buy 3 copies, shall I give the other two copies out to the needy?
Last I was asking for a single unit that produces a distributive package(.exe). A package that can not be sold. How does the team ed. fill this question?

However, your answer is fine. Sorry to pull you away from your work projects.

Have a productive day.
Mal
Posted By: sivan

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/07/15 09:14

I think the team edition cannot compile an exe, while having all other Pro features. Team members can run the script from WED or SED, which is normally a team work procedure.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/07/15 12:33

Sounds like the closest thing that Malice wants is what engines like unity and unreal now offer.

@Malice, do you really nead professional edition if you are just going to prototype? Commercial edition is cheap if you haven't got it already. Some things that prof only can do can also be done through e.g. windows functions.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/07/15 23:55

Thanks but at this point I took the money and invested it into help learning UE4. I found someone willing to mentor for cheaper then a Pro licence. Seems I cannot even hand money over to 3dgs.

But thanks, I'll keep my eye out for the Amazing A9 !! 9 x the Amazing of A8 lol
Posted By: DLively

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/08/15 03:41

Sorry to go off topic but... A9? There was barely an A8. any upgrade at this point would be 9x better than what we have. laugh

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/08/15 10:52

@Malice, lol A9, a man can dream can't he. Anyway all the best.
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/08/15 10:54

I am curious, what feature has the A8 Pro, that hasn't the Commercial version and do you want to use that?
Please let me know.
Posted By: Logitek

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/08/15 17:52

There will never be any A9 version. And I think there will be never be an android version of this engine.

Look at other android development tools. They took years to get the current status and they are also not perfect. I think it would take about 5 years or longer to make an android export for this engine with the neccersary functions. And there will be a lot of bugs at the beginning. Think about all the different devices and the scale problems you have. Also with autoscale functions. And you need manpower to develop such an engine.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/08/15 21:03

That's why they should do MAC and Linux first I think.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/10/15 14:06

Indeed we had encountered a lot of difficulties with the Android port, and there is still a lot of work to do. And for not to be misunderstood: Work on A9 has not yet begun and even the concept is not yet finished.
Posted By: 3run

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/10/15 18:08

Originally Posted By: jcl
Indeed we had encountered a lot of difficulties with the Android port, and there is still a lot of work to do. And for not to be misunderstood: Work on A9 has not yet becun and even the concept is not yet finished.
jcl, why don't you just say it straight to us? Why do you keeping dying fire of hope in our hears? tired You aren't interested in developing Acknex any farther... Only that zorro thing, which is going on and on with updates. We all are hanging around here just cause we sill love the engine, we have a lot of memories related to it. But let's be honest, we all know that there is no future for it, but not all of us can accept that.. Cause you are toying with our feelings tired

It's time for me to go and wipe the snots...
Posted By: Feindbild

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/10/15 18:59

You guys remember me of dudes that are unable to realize when a girl has no interest in them unless they throw it straight in their faces, sometimes.
There is no team behind Acknex anymore. There is no way for them to keep up with the competition, especially not with jcl half-heartedly tweaking 3DGS in his spare time. There is no reason for anyone into game development to choose 3DGS. There is no interest, too much stubbornness and no work done for choosing a different business approach, like for example going Open Source.
It's dead, Jim.

I enjoyed the ride with you all so far, having played around with it since Acknex 3 or 4, back when I wasn't even twelve yet. I love Acknex with my whole heart, and deep inside I've known for a year or two that I need to let go. Now's the time for it.

inb4 "it's not about the tools the engine offers but your skills". I know you could, in theory, code the next Call of Duty in Assembler, monkeys and typewriters, blah blah. No, you're wrong, it's dead.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/11/15 09:57

Well, I can only repeat what I'm saying all the time: We're in fact working on Gamestudio and further A8 updates, but at a slow speed and with interruptions, due to the other tasks. However development is ongoing and the next A8 update will come out in the next months. Zorro does currently not take away Gamestudio development resources, as is developed by a different team.
Posted By: Superku

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/11/15 14:40

I still think that mobile development is nothing a hobby developer should pursue, your game will just get lost in a pool of a million other games without massive marketing or luck beyond description. The regular mobile game consumer does not actively search for indie games or whatever and neither wants to pay more than a few cents per title.

Personally I just want to have a solid and easy to use PC engine/ toolset. Linux and Mac support would be nice to have as an "export option" but a development for multiple platforms is not that feasible for a single hobby dev anyway. I'd just like to see a new WED, some new features every now and then and bug fixes but any kind of update is good news.

Re: A8 Pro Prototyper's Licence - 03/11/15 20:16

I think the toolset and general workflow of GS3d needs most work. More macro's, small sed templates for complicated stuff (small stuff so it doesn't get outdated fast), making that ctrl+space sed windows bigger. More and updated shaders, including better shadow shaders and terrain shaders. Better debugging tools. Easy to set-up windows dialogues (would be nice as extra flags/functions for panels). More modern version of and less buggy MED. New WED.

Models being able to split the world in manageable chunks just like blocks can would be nice too so blocks are not needed for that anymore. And other stuff to increase performance.

Linux and Mac support is nice for people who want to sell their stuff (+ ~10-15% potential sales ?). I don't know how much time it costs to implement though. Android support would also nice but more for fun stuff than serious stuff I must admit.

Small features are always welcome too and they can be faster implemented by the devs so that's a plus.
© 2024 lite-C Forums