mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader

Posted By: sivan

mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader - 08/15/13 14:06

hi

I got something strange when applied my new terrain multitexturing shader together with pssm shadows and a water mirror. the same happens with other mirror water shaders, but eliminated if stecil blur (effect_load(mat_shadow,"st_stencilBlur.fx");) applied. with other shadowmapping shader not using stencilmap, everything works fine. the terrain shader has a 24b base texture on ent skin1 followed by 7 tiling texture having blending value on alpha similarly to terraintex.fx. the last 4 textures are put to material skins to be readable by the shader.
in case of another terrain multitex shader, a bit different screen artifacts can be seen due to similar rules, while the terraintex.fx ffe works fine.

I know there were mirror view related problems with decal and stencil shadows, will their fix solve this problem too? I can send you a link with a small sample project if needed.

at this camera position okay:

in the following the base texture appears in the place of terrain:
Posted By: jcl

Re: mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader - 08/16/13 10:10

There have been some similar issues that were fixed in the last beta version - maybe this is related. Do you want to test it with the beta? I can then open the beta forum for you.
Posted By: sivan

Re: mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader - 08/16/13 20:31

thanks, yes, it would be great to try out fixes that helps my work, and to test new features as early as possible.
I go to holiday on this Sunday for one and a half week, but hopefully I'll have a little time for 3dgs too.
Posted By: HenWoll

Re: mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader - 01/31/17 23:39

I have a similar problem here,
I have the pssm shader with some block objects by flag1deactivated,Because of a Gpu overdrive
Code:
viewShadow->flags |= SHOW|UNTOUCHABLE|NOSHADOW|NOPARTICLE|NOLOD|NOSKY| NOFLAG1;

in the Shadow.c , it works,

However, the blocks are no longer reflected in the water,Only with active (PSSM) shadow.

Does anyone have a solution?
im use 3Runs watershader

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=463961

Posted By: HenWoll

Re: mirror view problem with pssm and terrain multitexturing shader - 02/01/17 17:26

Solved, 3Run has in his water shader a Flag1 ignore includet,

Code:
// suppress all entities with flag1 set:
//	set(viewMirror, NOFLAG1);

© 2024 lite-C Forums