DirectX Error: ZTARG

Posted By: Liamissimo

DirectX Error: ZTARG - 08/12/10 09:23

Hey Guys,

sometimes I am getting this error in A7 Commercial 7.86.2
No idea what it could be, If I run a level it appears, If I run it again it doesn't. No shader were used in the Level, no texture (just a skycube) and even the light werent dynamic. Just models with a second skin set or a shader attached.
Posted By: jcl

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 08/13/10 10:31

This is an error on creating an additional z buffer for a render target. The buffer could not be created, causing the render target to be resized to the screen size. Check what you're doing with render targets. It has nothing to do with your level.

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 08/14/10 18:23

Hm...I have never played with it in my code, also "Find in files" I searched for "render" "target" and so on. But I didn't found anything.
Posted By: Tobias

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 08/15/10 09:19

Maybe its a shader you're using, shaders often use rendertargets?

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 08/15/10 09:26

I think I found it. A model that was only used in this level had an unused texture with an effect-file attached to it...Holy crap grin

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 09/14/10 16:56

Sorry Guys, I had the error fixed but now it is back again, just in one of 10 times but that is annoying. No model used in the scene has an shader or effect file in MED, what is wrong? Or what could be wrong?

I know its hard without the code but the funny thing: There just is no code, hust particles. Maybe they are the problem, I'll test it a few times without!
Posted By: jcl

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 09/15/10 09:11

No, particles do not use a render target. Also, an effect file on a model texture alone does not generate a render target. Both can normally not be the reason of your problem.

If you can't find it, upload the project to the user forum - maybe I can look into it and find the problem.
Posted By: Dooley

Re: DirectX Error: ZTARG - 04/01/18 19:15

It's an old thread, but I am wondering if you ever figured it out. I am encountering the same error.

I can say that I am using a render target. However, in lite-c it will be something like this:

Quote:
scan_bmp = bmap_for_entity(my,1);
scan_view.bmap = scan_bmp;

I will look for the solution and post it here if I find it...
© 2024 lite-C Forums