Acknex.dll missing

Posted By: Joozey

Acknex.dll missing - 12/23/09 17:56

Hello,

Occasionally I stumble upon a missing acknex.dll with projects I download and run. I can add my own acknex.dll and then it works fine, but I suppose this shouldn't be the solution.

For one, it happens to Slin's OSAkit 3dgs browser game. Slin said to have never encountered this error, nor does any other user seem to have it either. It's plausibly something wrong on my side, but what could be the deal?

Regards,
Joozey
Posted By: jcl

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 12/28/09 11:05

acknex.dll is the engine. So I guess a missing acknex.dll is a very good excuse for an application not to run.

But when a download contains only a script but no EXE, it needs no acknex.dll either - Gamestudio users are supposed to have it already.

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 12/28/09 20:51

I have Acknex.dll for sure, yet it can't find it. I don't know how the OSA Kit is executing the game in browser or how it's even supposed to find acknex.dll in my gamestudio folder if the dll is missing from the game server-side, but nobody but me receives this error.
Posted By: Quad

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 12/28/09 21:00

afaik your acknex.dll wont work every game needs their own acknex.dll? that should come with game itself. Maybe your browser or antivirus software settings is interfering with the game.
Posted By: DJBMASTER

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 12/28/09 21:39

^ true, I'm suprised that it worked when you added your own acknex.dll because every exe has a 'magic number' that matches to a unique acknex.dll. Strange...

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 12/28/09 22:50

Quote:
^ true, I'm suprised that it worked when you added your own acknex.dll because every exe has a 'magic number' that matches to a unique acknex.dll. Strange...

At least I thought I did that at least once. Maybe not then, but I can hardly test as for now the only game missing it is in the OSA Kit and I have no idea where it deploys and runs the game. I imagine Acknex.dll holds the gamestudio license name and all at startup, which makes it unique to the creator.

Wasn't there a contest where it was said that you did not need to include the acknex.dll to your games? And then I ended up adding my own because it was missing anyway.
Ahem nevermind, I'm confused with d3dx9.dll. That one was also occasionally missing laugh.
Posted By: MMike

Re: Acknex.dll missing - 02/22/10 01:34

the d3dx9 also happened to me .. the direct x too..
Dont remember now.. ehhe.
© 2024 lite-C Forums