Just what is this a picture of?

Posted By: JetpackMonkey

Just what is this a picture of? - 03/28/08 19:15

Howdy

This picture is at the top of the Conitec "gallery" page as part of the page's layout.

So, what is this? Conitec's secret underground headquarters? The control room of a nuclear submarine? The main news room of a tv network?

Reminds me of this!

Posted By: testDummy

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 03/30/08 22:29

Well, I thought with some 'doctoring', I could use such an image as a symbol to explain why, regardless of previous data on common practices, individuals of one type jm, should and / or do eventually block communication channels between individuals of another type td.

Amazingly, trying to force such an image into an already damned exhibit, seems to damn it further. Potentially, an increase in damnation is both a plus and a minus short term. However, the resulting confusion is intolerable for long periods.

That image is undeniable 'proof' (of the Con Tech, or the Tech of Con for some) if you know what I mean?
(This might be denied later.)

(The image does not promote the use of cryptic lunacy prose though subliminal suggestion. However, after putting such images into primary focus for extended periods, individuals of a certain type might seem to have more episodes of 'rational thought decay' . Of course, any such side effects are probably nothing more than temporary faults in perceptions of external observers.)

It is a conceptual image of a 'thought poison factory', produced in such a way that, implicitly, the image itself should seem more poisonous to thought than any poison produced by the portion of factory elements shown in the image.
It it is definitely not that, rather.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 03/30/08 23:56

Goodness testDummy, take your medicine!

I wish I could jump back in time and peek around the wall there waving with my PDA just when the picture was shoot.
Posted By: harleyb12

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 03/31/08 23:26

thats what they thought computers would look like in 2004?!?! wow, they were a bit, erm, off. when was that picture taken?

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 17:23

'Taken'?
Not 'composed'?
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 18:17

Yeah, the guy on the left is definitely a cardboard man...
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 20:19

Based upon the text underneath the picture I would guess that the picture itself is from the early 1950's
Posted By: hawkster

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 20:43

It seems like the picture of the "home computer" could actually be real since visions of the "future" were often way too enthusiastic about scientific progress in that form. Remember what people in the 60s thought the 1980s would look like? ;\)

The television monitor in the upper right-hand corner is suspect, though... it looks like it could have been added later since its coloring and shading are a little bit awkward compared to the rest of the scene.
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 20:44

Originally Posted By: Xarthor
Based upon the text underneath the picture I would guess that the picture itself is from the early 1950's

according to the filename its 1954
Posted By: hawkster

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 20:47

The guy in the picture looks kind of like Don Rickles ;\)

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/01/08 22:11

The first thing I thought was that this picture was taken in 1954. It would then be logical for the text to say '2004', because that is exactly 50 years into the future. Glad the filename has now confirmed my psychological way of thinking :D.

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/02/08 16:46

Do you need some meds also, Joozey?

Re: Just what is this a picture of? - 04/02/08 17:06

\:D Yeah, that would be a relief.

Still no answer where the picture is from though...
© 2024 lite-C Forums