Gamestudio 7.77 public beta

Posted By: jcl

Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 07:09

The new version 7.77 is now ready for public beta test. Download it here:

http://opserver.de/down/gstudio_777.exe

This version contains the new terrain lightmapper, as well as many improvements for shaders and engine functions. WED and MED now use a new graphics library that is Vista Aero compatible.

You can install version 7.77 as an update to your previous Gamestudio/A7.73 version. About installing and using the new features, please read:

http://manual.conitec.net/newfeatures70.htm

Please test everything carefully and if you find a bug, please report it to the bug forum.
Posted By: YNG

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 09:16

Thanks jcl. I was lookin forward for this...
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 09:21

Cool! Thanks JCL! smile
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 09:35

thanks for the update!

not a bug but that caused some trouble for new users back at Turkish community, that the model sf_women.mdl in templates/models directory has an extra vertex, and because of it c_setminmax calculates a large hull.. and unexpected collision behaviour.(it was same in 7.73)

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 09:43

Thanks for the info. That vertex will be removed.
Posted By: delinkx

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 09:58

thnx JCL. we alwys wait for the new features.
Posted By: pegamode

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 10:18

Our current project runs fine with this new version.
We'll do further tests to check for bugs.

Regards,
Pegamode.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 11:47

Is the transformation matrix for entites have been changed? Cause with new A7 my newton car's visual proxy behaves different from the physical one. Seems it gets the roll and tilt angles wrong. Positions and pan are same at both.
EDIT: I tried it with also other physical objects, they behave same as the car.

PS: I use ventilator's Newton 1.53 wrapper and i posted the function below which gets the entity matrix from Newton and applies it to the entity.

Code:
void ent_setmatrix_rb(ENTITY *entity, float *m)
{
	float pan, tilt, roll;

if(fabs(m[2]) > 0.9999) // looking straight up or down -> gimbal lock
	{
		pan = atan2(-m[4], m[5]); // -m[4]?
		tilt = 1.570796 * sign(m[2]);
		roll = 0;
	}
	else
	{
		pan = atan2(m[1], m[0]); // swap?
		tilt = asin(m[2]);
		roll = atan2(m[6], m[10]);
	}

entity->pan = pan * RAD2DEG;
	entity->tilt = tilt * RAD2DEG;
	entity->roll = roll * RAD2DEG;

entity->x = m[12] * METERTOQUANT;
	entity->y = m[13] * METERTOQUANT;
	entity->z = m[14] * METERTOQUANT;
}

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 12:17

No, the entity matrix has not changed as far as I'm aware. But you're using a newton matrix here anyway, not an entity matrix. And I'm not sure if the conversion function you've posted is correct. The engine uses a different function for conversion from an entity matrix:

pan = (180.0 / PI) * atan2(m[0][1],m[0][0]);
tilt = (180.0 / PI) * atan2(m[0][2],sqrt(m[0][1]*m[0][1] + m[0][0]*m[0][0]));
roll = (180.0 / PI) * atan2(m[1][2],m[2][2]);

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 12:33

Sorry my bad it doesnt have anything with acknex's entity matrix. But about the newton matrix it gets it from a dll function. And there isn't any problem with all earlier A7 versions, i get this situation only with 7.77. Since i didn't changed the Newton dll and since everything is same; whre might be the problem? I'm confused... :S

An example of visual tire update is like this (its in a loop):

Code:
for (tireId = NewtonVehicleGetFirstTireID (car_joint); tireId!=NULL; tireId = NewtonVehicleGetNextTireID (car_joint, tireId)) 
	{
		dummyEnt = NewtonVehicleGetTireUserData (car_joint, tireId);
		NewtonVehicleGetTireMatrix(car_joint,tireId, m);
		ent_setmatrix_rb(dummyEnt,m);
	}

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 12:40

I am not familiar with this Newton implementation, so I can't offer any opinion about the reason of the problem. You could upload or send the whole project to the support. We'll then look into it.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 04/30/09 13:04

Everything is ok now. Using the formula you gave works with both 7.77 and earlier versions perfectly. Thanks for the help
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/01/09 08:05

Posted By: VeT

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/01/09 11:43

+1 smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/01/09 19:28

Is there a problem with the Publish function?
Posted By: Emre

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/01/09 19:41

I am very glad for innovation of "_var _flt".
I've used all "material skills" but i could not put enough options to my water editor.
Now, i can put too much options to it.
Thanks very much!
Posted By: GamerX

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/01/09 23:57

Will the GED editor be out for public beta anytime soon? It says on the forcast page that it is in beta.
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/02/09 00:56

Emre I like to see the new options
in your water editor (JCL can see that software? probably can be included with ged or use like the same)
Posted By: zSteam

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/03/09 20:14

I can not publish successfully

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/04/09 07:27

Publish does not work properly in this beta version. This is a bug. A new publish-enabled version will be uploaded soon.
Posted By: TerraSame

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 11:31

JCL,
Why might it be that with this new version as compared to 7.73, my terrain is not identified and the avatar is situated below the terrain at start-up.
Thanks...
Paul

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 11:49

I'm just uploading a new public beta version, to the same URL. It should be downloadable in about 30 minutes.

Two differences: Publishing works now, and a small error - a wrong material name - was fixed in the carlevel script.

- Avatar below the terrain surface: This can have two reasons. Either the avatar is already placed too low in WED. Or the script function that adjusts its height has a random bug so that it sometimes works, sometimes not. Try it with the function from the c_move example in the manual.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 11:51

Now better.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 13:26

Hmm ... I can't install the new version.

I only see the progess bar while extracting the setup files, but then the installer doesn't start.
Posted By: Hitsch

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 13:32

I've had the same problem. Now it's working though.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 13:35

What did you change?

I have the problem on 2 machines.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 13:38

I'm currently downloading the file again and now it's some kb bigger than before ... I hope the new file will work.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/05/09 13:44

Now it works fine.

Was the file changed on the server?

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/06/09 00:25

JCL,
I found out why my Avatar starts below the terrain...
(running A7.77)
I put a cube below the Avatar and if I jump from the cube across a gap between two terrains, the Avatar moves on the terrain properly... But, there are gaps in the terrain and Edge Artifacts... (Which is why the avatar starts below the terrain, it just so happens that my avatar was located close to a terrain edge and fell down a gap.) You need to know that I believe that this is a problem with A7.77 because these gaps and artifacts do not exist with A7.3... Also, I scripted out the terrain_lod and terrain_chunk variables but as you can see in the image the problem still exists. (With these variables activated the edge artifacts are at all edges...)

I attached a link to an image (see below)... if you can't see the image please let me know and I will forward via e-mail... And by the way ... thanks for your response and your efforts...

There's always some dam problem... Good Luck with this one...
Paul

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/06/09 05:55

Yes, the edge artifacts are indeed caused by this version. The reason is that the engine tries to stitch terrain edges together, by increasing or reducing the heights of the edge vertices until the terrain starts and ends at the same height. This causes artifacts when, as in your case, you put a huge terrain together from some smaller terrains.

I'll release a version 7.77.1 where this behavior is removed.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/06/09 10:46

JCL,
Once again, thank you for your response and your efforts. The fact that you are attemting to stitch terrain edges together is most appreciated in light of the fact that the entirty of my project lands at a corner where four terrain DEM's (Digital EDlevation Maps) meet. I don't know why, but it seems as I go through life I almost always choose a spot on the map where I have to piece together four pages in an effort to see the "Big Picture". Makes it difficult when going hunting or fishing too... Anyways, thank you very much. I hope that A7.77.1 will be a public beta. If not, would you please see that I am able to obtain in order to test the Beta...
Paul
Posted By: vlau

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/10/09 06:33

I got this error message when I build my level

Can't execute 'C:\Program Files\Gstudio7\wwmp2wmb.exe'

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/10/09 11:09

Originally Posted By: vlau

Hmmmmm, tried "Run as adminstrator"?

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 05:31

I make a clean install of V7.70, no problem, then update to V7.73,
level compiled without problem also, until update to V7.77, the
above message appear.

Edit : My OS is Windows XP Home, no Administrator login
required.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 08:33

A new version, 7.77.2, was uploaded under the same URL. The terrain stitching problem is now fixed.

Vlau: check if the file wwmp2wmb.exe exists in your Gamestudio folder, with a size of 716 KB. If it exists but does not start, some system DLLs of your PC are possibly damaged. This could be fixed by installing XP again. Also, run a virus check, just in case.
Posted By: botu

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 08:40

Hi, I tried to use the new feature of terrains lightmaps but I can't understand
the procedure to use it. There is some explanations somewhere please?
thx in advance!

o.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 08:40

Some DLLs are missing. I had this issue on my Laptop as well, but couldn't find the cause using a dependency checker.
Jcl suggested to download some update for .NET (can't remember the exact name, sorry) and then everything worked fine.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 08:47

No, that was for a beta only, not for a release. XP Home normally contains all required DLLs. Thus, installing XP again should solve a problem with missing or wrong version DLLs. If not, it probably has a different reason.
Posted By: rojart

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 18:23

Thanks for the new update.
Just as info under New features implemented in V7.77: LightMap -> 404 Not Found ...
Posted By: LazyDog

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/11/09 22:30

I had this exact problem about a year ago. Jcl had me download and install this file from the conitec site.

vcredist_x86.exe

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/12/09 13:18

Having reinstall XP Home, but the message is still popup,
any other ideas?

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/12/09 14:18

Can you contact Support? They'll send you a special program to find out what is missing.
Posted By: CrownStem

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/13/09 16:43

Our version of GS is 7.50 (It's been a while since I've had a chance to use GS). I've just been asked to create something using GS, so I came here to make sure I've got the latest version.

I didn't see anything in the update guide about upgrading across multiple versions- Could you tell me if it's okay to go directly from 7.50 to 7.77, or should I download and install each intermediate version?

Thanks
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/13/09 17:00

it wont be a problem updates are full install, not version to version.
Posted By: dblade

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/14/09 15:10

Originally Posted By: vlau

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Same goes for me.
When I run the Compiler from WED I got the Message posted above, when I run it from the Gamestudio-Folder, it says this:

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/15/09 06:47

I'm just got a email from the Support Team
that said they'll upload a new 7.77 version
next week and it will solve my problem.

Thank you very much jcl and the Support Team.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 05/22/09 14:09

The reason of the wwmp2wmb starting problem is still not 100% clear.

If you encounter such a problem, please download a different wwmp2wmb version here:

http://server.conitec.net/down/wwmp2wmb.zip

Please let us know if this version works for you - or not. In the latter case, please give some info about the OS version, service pack version, and language version of your PC.

I'll be away next week, but think that we can upload the final, official 7.77 version in June after my return.

Re: Gamestudio 7.77 public beta - 06/05/09 09:46

As I got no more problem reports with 7.77, the latest version, 7.77.4, is now available on the download page.
© 2024 lite-C Forums