external gui

Posted By: Wjbender

external gui - 04/01/15 14:55

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c5fd34ba

tell me what you think about this , this option gives me the freedom to make my gui in c++ or c# and code the application part in litec or c++/c# or a combination of both .

I wanted a system where I could just do my gui coding and layout in visual studio ,for editor or whatever tool , to make things easier , instead of the litec gui coding parts which I hate ..

also I hate using the gs sdk in combination with c++ winforms when rendering the engine into the forms ..

edit: to clarify ,there is no sdk currently used in this test , there is no gamestudio files or libraries or includes or any kind of gamestudio related coding ,cluttering up the gui part at all
Posted By: Reconnoiter

Re: external gui - 04/02/15 11:24

For some things this is very handy, mainly programs or editors and perhaps (serious) simulation games. If you can somehow let the different views/programs (GS and VS) flow more natural in each other and perhaps lock the views to each other if that's possible (moving 1 moves the other, hiding 1 hides the other), than it could be nice for some games too. If that's even possible that is.
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: external gui - 04/02/15 12:13

I see what you mean , I have been thinking something similar , like embedding the windows into the gamestudio applications window , something along the lines of changing the parent window ..

at this moment it's just a message system , the ui part only broadcasts messages , the main application listens and responds , ofcourse there is one more thing to do to make sure the listener only responds to the exact associated "talker" .
© 2024 lite-C Forums