ent_animate play wrong animation

Posted By: Iglarion

ent_animate play wrong animation - 11/22/15 10:29

Hi Jcl

I noticed that ent_animate messes up animation if names start with the same letters. For example if we have animations "walk" and "walkback" and in code we call "walk" animation, and in model "walkback" standing before a "walk" animation, ent_animate will play "walkback" animation. Also if this two animations stand next to each other, engine will play both animations together. Seems ent_animate takes only the first 4-5 letters to grab animation from mdl.
This thing is not so important but sometimes can be really confusing. Perhaps a little explanation in the manual is enough.

Here is test level
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ent_animate play wrong animation - 11/22/15 14:26

I found is in the manual
http://www.conitec.net/beta/aent_animate.htm
Quote:

Entity scene and bone names must consist of at least 3 characters. For finding the scene, only the length of the scene string is compared. Therefore models must not contain scene names that begin with the complete name of another scene
Posted By: Iglarion

Re: ent_animate play wrong animation - 11/22/15 14:46

lol thanks Malice, it looks like i missed it.
Btw i already renamed all my animation names, it is well to know for the future smile
If something was useful from this post, it's that you got zombie with another 3 animations grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ent_animate play wrong animation - 11/22/15 16:01

Quote:
If something was useful from this post, it's that you got zombie with another 3 animations grin

Awesome! Kind and generous!

Thank you.
© 2024 lite-C Forums