publishing crash - .dll?

Posted By: sitrep

publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 00:53

I created a car demo and it works in wed

But when I publish it crashes.

when I disabled the car physics, it publishes and resources OK.

I suspect is the Nvidia driver, is there a new download for the latest driver .dll to include in my publishing?

Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 01:52

Is the dll in the published folder. Yes. Or do you need to copy it in from the main 3dgs folder. Stupid questions I know. But simple first.
There is a way to make the engine write a log.. You should look into that in the manual. Why am I not just telling how, well I've never done it.

Edit - run from shortcut with the command line(I think)
-diag
Writes diagnostic messages into a file in the current folder. In server mode (-sv ) the filename is acklog_sv.txt; in client mode (-cl ) the filename is acklog_cl.txt; otherwise it's acklog.txt. When starting in dedicated server mode (-sv), the -diag output is additionally printed into the server console window. This way it's possible to observe on the server which clients connect or leave, and what's happening in the game. Write access rights to the current folder are required; under Vista or above, the engine or application can be run as administrator for writing into a program folder.

-dir name
Posted By: DLively

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 01:57

I tried it out, its missing one dll.
Once the dll is included, the game just crashes without errors.. smirk

I don't understand how the development version differes from the published version (I think Dooly asked this question a couple days ago, any good results on your end, Dooly) but there really needs to be some more clearer information about that somewhere.

EDIT: Since I didn't code it, I wouldn't know where to begin looking for any errors, sorry sitrep.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 06:14

I load a navmesh example recently that crashed on start up because one of the directx dll was not automatically loaded into the folder. I have to move it from the main folder manually.

@DLively the log file reviled no information at all?
Posted By: 3run

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 06:46

Originally Posted By: sitrep
I created a car demo and it works in wed

But when I publish it crashes.

when I disabled the car physics, it publishes and resources OK.

I suspect is the Nvidia driver, is there a new download for the latest driver .dll to include in my publishing?

Thanks!
If compiled project is not too big, send it over PM. I'll take a look at it.
I'm pretty sure it has to do something with physX .dll.

Greets

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 08:05

Its only 10Mb for my published version.

Feel free to take a look at it here:
www.devonlively.com/main.cd.rar

Edit: I'll leave it up for 24 hours then unless asked otherwise I'll be removing it. laugh
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 08:08

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447225#Post447225

on the top of this thread I mentioned similar missing files to jcl , however I see now that the directx files weren't mentioned along with my physx missing files I reported .

might be a good idea to mention that directx files too .
Posted By: Ch40zzC0d3r

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 09:07

I will debug it in some mins, shouldnt be too hard to find out whats wrong.
You left out some DLLs needed for physx. I cant garuantee that mine are up to date but the project seems to work.
Just for your info: In a debugger you can easily see what happens. It was calling an empty pointer, by some reversing you can find out which export was called and which dll is needed. Heres the fixed project:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2egzre18id1varr/main.cd.zip

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 13:31

Thanks Ch40zzC0d3r!
It works great on my end (despite the glitchy areas).
perhaps you can educate us how to get that debug manager to find out this info.

Are ALL those added files required to make the project run?

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 14:31

No you only needed the cudart and one of the physx files, already forgot which one was it.
The rest is copied from my project to handle all kind of missing dlls on windows xp and other machines where no restributable pack or directx sdk is installed laugh
And the debugger was OllyDbg, you need some reversing / assembler knowledge to use it though.

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 15:32

Hey thanks you guys !!

QUESTION : how would we know what additional DLL files to include?

when I resourced it only complained about cudart32 missing.

2. for commercial projects when Resourcing this stuff, are we okay to include those Nvidia drivers?
are they licensed to us if we have a A8 pro version?

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 15:56

the manual lists all the additional engine and plugin files that must be included with in a redistribution , BUT make sure you read it correct so you do not break laws , if you want to manually copy , because they are supposed to be copied with the engine automatically ,but since the last version some mistakes was made which now causes this .

it is best to talk to jcl , about any other files that aren't copied over during publications .

this particular one I believe I have already mentioned to him in bug hunt.

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 17:09

Hmm.. Thats an interesting rule grin
Since there hasn't been an update in over a year, everyone will have to wait to publish their games, without confirmation from jcl?
Posted By: 3run

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 17:15

Originally Posted By: DLively
Hmm.. Thats an interesting rule grin
Since there hasn't been an update in over a year, everyone will have to wait to publish their games, without confirmation from jcl?
Sure not! Why do you need his cofirmation for? You own PRO version, go publish and sell some games! grin

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 17:25

@dlively thats not how you were meant to interpret it .

it depends on who's reading it and what version they have , for instance you wouldn't want a new user to go and copy acknex.dll over in to his project folder when it breaks the specific rules layd out for that particular engine library.

what I was saying is , if you find any files which aren't copied over ,which were meant to be copied by the publishing process , talk to jcl about it so he knows to correct it for the next update , when and how that update comes about is however his/theire part in the process. ..

and if you have to manually copy , just make sure to read the correct section of the manual for the files that are allowed and supposed to be redistributed , instead for example a new come'er who perhaps has a limited understanding of his particular version restraints ,and don't know exactly which section of the manual, reading the sdk or plugin section ,where redistribution is also specified ..

capish ? laugh

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 18:52

can I run old A7 physics inside A8?

I would like to use the power A8 in my project to resource and Render my project.
(was created with Lite-c and old A7physics engine.)

can I copy the physics dlls from A7 and put it inside A8 root?
and or is there spec way to handle old physics projects.

I do realize new physics is better, but the old project is already completed and I need to put together a demo for client.

thank you guys in advance for imput grin

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 18:57

You should change the code so it works with PhysX, otherwise it will be a pain.
However if your lucky the DLLs have the exports of the functions your calling and you could just typedef / define the functions and use the dll.
But as far as I know, the engine itself holds the exports in acknex.dll and links against the other libs and doesnt always just pass the params but does fixups and so on.

Re: publishing crash - .dll? - 05/01/15 19:24

besides the physics is there a significant visual or performace difference ?
between last A7 Pro and A8 Pro?
they both use light C and Shaders? correct? or ?
© 2024 lite-C Forums