Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle

Posted By: UDrema

Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 03:36

Someone already asked about this a while ago, but i didnt see any answer to it. Does the commercial version have the same bug about everything on screen disappearing due to a certain camera location when a large terrain is loaded? on the free version if i go to a certain position on the terrain, when the terrain isnt centered at 0x,0y, all the 3d elements in the game disappear at certain camera angles....for example, if the terrain is at 500,000x and 450,000y and i move my character with the camera over there, it might have the disappearing bug because the terrain isnt at 0,0.
Posted By: sivan

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 07:08

this is most likely a level_ent size issue. make sure its min and max is set to cover the full level.
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 09:45

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=53708&Number=447385#Post447385

I had such a problem which I got fixed with a wait (1) ..

you can also try using c_setminmax after each terrain creation , the min max vectors are utterly empty if you dont do it yourself .

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 16:53

what do you mean by adding a wait(1)? where do you want me to add it? also, c_setminmax didnt fix the problem

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 17:30

sivan, im not using the terrain as a level_ent. im using them as normal entities to load multiple terrain. its min and max are set, but im not sure what you mean by "covering the full level".
Posted By: Wjbender

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/22/15 17:30

the issue I had was that the engine needed a wait (1) directly after the terrain creation command to do some sort of an update ..

it may very well be that your problem is a level size issue like sivan said , because you mentioned a single terrain being "loaded" , mine were created, but I added the issue here because it sounded so much alike , I had the same problem although perhaps under a different situation .

The c_setminmax was also a terrain creation /modification issue I had , just thought I would mention it too .

good luck.

edit : just saw your new reply , "multiple terrains" put a wait (1) after each
Posted By: sivan

Re: Terrain Disappears at certain Camera Angle - 03/23/15 08:33

the level_ent is a pseudo entity. out of it the level is not rendered.
© 2024 lite-C Forums