Need help for a nice Physikball

Posted By: Bastiuscha

Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/09/13 01:52

Hi,

first sry for my english...but i think its better for the results.

I try to make a Pinballgame and use the Physikengine for that. That brings some Problems...and one of them is the Ball.
At my opinion, the Ball is not realistic enough. The Ball ist to heavy. What can i do? My Physic Flipperarm need a much power, to shoot the Ball...this brings other new Problems. Because i need a lighter Ball. So what can i do?

All i know is this:
pXent_setfriction (me,101);
pXent_setdamping (me,50,10);
pXent_setelasticity (me,20);
pXent_setmass(me, 10);

I played a long Time with these Parameters, but never had a ideal result. The Problem is, (bevor you ask) if i give the Flipperarms to much power, the Physikengine donīt work fine. The Arms dont move correct, and the collison donīt work fine to. With less Power, all is fine.

So, this was my first Problem, and the second one is the Z-Axes Jumping of the Ball.
Somtimes the Ball jump out of the Table. Im not sure, but i believe the Frozen_Pos command donīt work here fine. Also i need a bit Z moving, because i plan to build Ramps and other Stuff...
Always if the Ball becomes a high Rotation or Speed, and become a clash, boing* it jumps out.
Posted By: Feindbild

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/10/13 11:38

Lower the friction, 101 sounds like a bit too much IMO.

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/10/13 14:00

This donīt make the Ball lighter and stops Z-Axis jumping. Additionally the Ballrotate is worser, because it slide over the Table.

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/14/13 20:42

HMM...i wonder why nobody knows a answer?! Is this to difficult or to simple? grin
Or is my english to bad? I can try to explain it again.
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/14/13 21:23

Originally Posted By: Bastiuscha
The Ball ist to heavy.
Reducing the ball's mass is not an option here because ... ?

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/15/13 01:45

Because the Ball is still to heavy. laugh I try setmass 1 and setmass 0. The Ball is lighter, but not enough.

About the second Problem:
Is it possible to delete the Z-Pos Physik of the Ball WITHOUT Frozenpos setting?
Posted By: 3dgs_snake

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/15/13 05:20

Hi,

I can try to help but I need a working part of your code, so I can see what is wrong.
Posted By: Uhrwerk

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/15/13 12:23

You can stil reduce the damping, friction and the elasticity.

Well, you have to choose, either freeze the z-axis or don't freeze it. There is nothing in between.
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/15/13 14:03

It's been awhile since the last time I played with physX and I wanted to refresh it. The result is so scale dependant that it will probably not work with your pinball board. It serves, at least, to know that it is possible wink

Salud!

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/16/13 18:32

Yeah awesome Code txesmi! Thank you very much! This answer all my Questions and give me some other new Stuff, i never hear about this before. :-)
Posted By: txesmi

Re: Need help for a nice Physikball - 07/16/13 20:38

glad to help!
© 2024 lite-C Forums