by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, Aku_Aku, 1 invisible), 579 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Script for Stock Analysis #465278
04/14/17 21:53
04/14/17 21:53
C
Caine1 Offline OP
Caine1  Offline OP
C

Dear Zorro-Users,

within the last days and weeks I have been reading the financial hacker blog and book and testing Zorro. I love it, the approach suits me very well!

Within the last year or so, I have been working on an "engineering approach" for stock analysis. Hereby, I have focused on fundamental Analysis using different well-known methods and combining them. The analysis is done half-automatically by Excel using vast amount of time. So far, it works for me. Meaning it gives me a good feeling by "picking" the stock.

I have come to a point, to further improve my strategy. Reason / Facts:
1. I know that a stock is (supposably) undervalued
2. After buying the stock one comes across the following 3 price movements: up, down, freeze -> Hence, it would be nice to further Analysis (suposable) future price movements.
3. I would also like to further verify when to sell.

Hence, I know now what to buy, but not when to buy and when to sell. Since I have come across a few cycles for the stocks already (where I could have bought low and sold high), I am now facing the psycholocial game (why didn't I sell? Should I sell now? Should I buy the price is so low? No, I will wait. Darn!) and would like to further improve my methodical approach on knowing when to buy and when to sell.

Hence, I would like to use the script described in the financial hacker book (Alice3b) for the anlysis on price data using trend and countertrend methods. Usually, the assets, I would like to trade are only sold via a stock Brokers, which as I understand cannot be connect so far to Zorro.

However, as decribed in the manual, orders to a broker can be done manually and data on daily price movement can be retieved via yahoo finance.

Where I am stuck is the following: Using Zorro in a kind of offline mode (without Broker connecttion, since the asset cannot be found) to analyis the data.

[By the way. This would enable Zorro to expand its horrizont to an entire new Level in respect to data processing.]

Another method which crossed my mind, is the Transfer of the script into Excel. Hereby, I would however need to know the mathematical representation of the lowpass filter for example. I figured that this is property of Gamestudio and cannot be available.

With this Post, I would like to ask you on thoughts from your side, comments on my approach and / or help on the issue I am facing.

I am looking Forward to your reply. Thanks in Advance!
Seb

Re: Script for Stock Analysis [Re: Caine1] #465299
04/16/17 08:33
04/16/17 08:33
Prague
pcz Offline
pcz  Offline

Prague
Originally Posted By: Caine1
Usually, the assets, I would like to trade are only sold via a stock Brokers, which as I understand cannot be connect so far to Zorro.

I believe you can trade stocks using Interactive Brokers, there's a bridge for that: http://www.zorro-trader.com/manual/en/ib.htm

Last edited by pcz; 04/16/17 08:34.
Re: Script for Stock Analysis [Re: pcz] #465308
04/16/17 19:24
04/16/17 19:24
C
Caine1 Offline OP
Caine1  Offline OP
C

You are correct. I did not see this option so far. Sorry and thank you.

Re: Script for Stock Analysis [Re: Caine1] #465328
04/18/17 11:02
04/18/17 11:02
C
Caine1 Offline OP
Caine1  Offline OP
C

There are 2 problems with IB for this strategy.

1. You can only change market depth when opening a real account.
2. You pay a fee for the market depth, which to me is a commission.

Any other thoughts?

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de