by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Quad, AndrewAMD, Imhotep, TipmyPip, Edgar_Herrera), 809 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lilte-C and HLSL Shader Programmer [paid] #286807
08/27/09 14:12
08/27/09 14:12
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Julian "Jibb" Smart,
smartjibb at hotmail dot com
www.jibbsmart.com (fairly new; very much a WIP)

ABOUT ME
I've wanted to make games since I was 12, began using A5 Standard when I was about 13 and began building experience with a few small projects (Platformer, FPS).

In my last year of high-school Lite-C was released, and I began my major work for Design & Technology -- a car game controlled entirely with the mouse using physics I programmed myself in Lite-C, hence my research into quaternions (which many of you will be aware of). The project went well and I gained a lot of experience, and contributed my quaternion code (it's old now, and needs some sprucing up to keep up with more recent A7 features, but that isn't much trouble).

I'm a Computer Science student and recently got %100 on a two-person assignment I did on my own: a Java-based Quoridor game that used A* and Minimax for AI opponents of varying difficulty levels. I didn't attend any lectures for that subject (nor any of my other Computers-related subjects because I'm accustomed to teaching myself whatever I need to know).

I've been interested in shaders for a while. My most recent project was my shader contest entry which allows for unlimited dynamic lights, all of which can cast God-rays, dynamic darks, soft-sprites (like soft particles but we don't have particle shaders yet), basic tonemapping and an anisotropic shader. I threw in a little quaternion code as well to make the balls roll around the appropriate axis as they roll around the centre of the level.

I'm confident in my abilities in problem-solving and maths, having won awards for high-school state competitions (not something you study for, just something the school announces and you enter; in one competition in particular I earned a Prize, which is $50 for those in the 100th percentile; that particular competition had an emphasis on problem solving).

I'm a hobby artist as well. I'm not advertising myself as a game-artist (though if you want me to I'll gladly do it), but saying that I have a good eye for detail, for figuring effects out based on their appearances, and my combined abilities with art, maths, and programming make me suitable for shader work.

I'm looking for freelance work programming in Lite-C and/or shaders in HLSL. See my shader-contest entry for a sample of my work in shaders.

I'm now on leave from uni since I'm moving to Canada at the end of the year and can't transfer two years worth of subjects.

JOB TYPE
Since I'm taking leave from uni I have lots of free time to work. At the moment I'm working on a personal project (an RTS) but paid work will have priority over that. Since I'm not going to uni I have to pay rent, and this would be the best way to earn it laugh

I'm seeking freelance work; work I can do from home.

I have a Paypal account and that's my preferred method of payment. PM me with a detailed description and I'll get back to you with a quote, or an appropriate response in the case of ambiguity or just plain too much for me to do (unlikely, as I have a lot of free time at the moment).

EARLIER WORK / PORTFOLIO
On my website here I've begun a portfolio, but it's quite small at the moment as I'm primarily a programmer and thus have little to show in terms of screenshots (though I'm comfortable with art as well, programming has been my first priority until I feel I want to make a project showcase-worthy, then I work on the art), I've only recently set up the site, and I've been out of action with GS for a while. In "about me" I've listed most of my earlier work.

OTHER
I currently use the latest public version of A7 Commercial (7.80.1).

I can only speak/read English.

Thanks!

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Lite-C and Shader programming [Re: JibbSmart] #291796
09/28/09 03:17
09/28/09 03:17
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
My primary income comes from Maths tutoring, and as we're nearing school holidays for a few weeks about half of my students are taking a break.

This really reduces my income and increases my free-time, so please don't hesitate to offer me a job!

PM me or email me with details regarding what you want (no matter how small or big), and I'll get back to you with some more questions about the details, or if there is already enough detail, a quote. If you're happy with the offer I'll do the job and help you fully understand it or make any small changes you'd like over MSN or by other means.

Jibb

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Lite-C and Shader programming [Re: JibbSmart] #292063
09/29/09 23:16
09/29/09 23:16
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
Highly recommended!

Would highly recommend for his excellent price, quick completion and helpful implementation, usage/tutoring.

Thanks again for your work Julz!

Re: Lite-C and Shader programming [Re: MrGuest] #292091
09/30/09 09:35
09/30/09 09:35
Cebu City, Philippines
boyax Offline
boyax  Offline

Cebu City, Philippines
Need your service.... I've PM you Julz

Re: Lite-C and Shader programming [Re: boyax] #293995
10/15/09 13:03
10/15/09 13:03
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Thanks for the kind words, MrGuest laugh And thanks for the work, boyax. I enjoyed it.

School holidays are nearly over, but I've still got time for work, even when I have my students back!

Jibb

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Lite-C and Shader programming [Re: JibbSmart] #294080
10/16/09 03:22
10/16/09 03:22
Cebu City, Philippines
boyax Offline
boyax  Offline

Cebu City, Philippines
Highly recommended!

Thanks for the work Julz

Unavailable for a few weeks [Re: boyax] #300804
12/05/09 12:49
12/05/09 12:49
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
G'day everyone!

I'm moving to Canada in the next few days, and in that time my computer will be packed up and shipped there. This'll probably take up to 3 weeks -- not just shipping, but we're staying in a few places before we move in there, and this also depends on how long it takes for us to find a house!

So for this time, and until further notice from me I won't be able to work.

I've completed all short-term projects that I've accepted, and so this only means a short break in the longer-term projects.

I'll let you all know again here when I'm back and able to continue, but I just don't want people to think I'm ignoring their work offers if they have a job for me in the next few weeks and I'm unable to reply laugh

If you get in touch with me, I'll get back to you as soon as possible! But as soon as possible could be a long time. I'm sure I'll find my way onto the internet somehow between here and there, though.

Thanks,

Jibb

PS: Thanks boyax wink

PPS: I may pop in when I get internet access here and there, but that won't necessarily mean access to my dev-machine. If you don't mind waiting for a little while, feel free to come at me with more offers in that time anyway laugh I might still be able to discuss details and check into the forum sometimes!

I made KarBOOM!
Re: Unavailable for a few weeks [Re: JibbSmart] #300805
12/05/09 13:15
12/05/09 13:15
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Wish you a good time in that demanding and exciting weeks!
Thank you for all your efforts!

Re: Unavailable for a few weeks [Re: JibbSmart] #300811
12/05/09 14:29
12/05/09 14:29
Canada
DC9 Offline
DC9  Offline

Canada
Welcome to Canada m8. You're just in time. We are expecting snow on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday next week. Currently -5C.

Seriously, safe trip and look forward to hearing from you when you get established.

DC9
Re: Unavailable for a few weeks [Re: DC9] #300864
12/06/09 01:43
12/06/09 01:43
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline OP
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline OP
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Thanks guys grin We'll be staying near Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan over Christmas, and probably hit Toronto by the beginning of January.

Very exciting, and very tiring!

Jibb

I made KarBOOM!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de