Quote:

: aren't we running into a world of social and economic contrasts, of cultural, political, and religious ignorance

I think that's a.) temporary and b.) not enough to start a third World War for several reasons. I do think certain things could cause a major shift in powers, but a third world war seems not that inevitable to me at all. The economic emerge of for example asian countries could be 'bad' for the USA or western countries, but that won't necessarily trigger a Third World War.

I also doubt the 'Jihad guys' will ever get an army big enough to start a World War III. A possible possesion of a nuclear bomb poses a way greater threat, however that wouldn't really cause a World War III either.

I really wonder which countries would be fighting the World War III, if anytime soon. Religious ignorance and cultural contrasts might be a big nasty problem, they won't trigger a World War. Why should it? Nationalistic religious nations might want to conquer other countries, however at the moment no nation I know off is strong enough to pull that off.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software