I have ran a few tests, but can't seem to figure out the result. If you take a box in WED and add a texture to it, then later you take that same box, and select the whole thing ( all surfaces) and scale it down, does the texture scale down to? I mean obviously it does scale down, but let me put it this way:

When the texture is scaled down, is it using less memory then when it was the origianl scale? In other words if you start with a block that is 1024, by 1024 and a texture to exactly form to it ( 1024 X 1024 texture) and scale the block in half: 512 X 512, is the texture now 512 X 512 when I compile it?

So is it now using the memory required for 512 x 512 or is it still using the 1024 X 1024 amount of memory, but is simply scaled down...with the original memory still being used..not effected? so is the image now 1024 or is now 512?

that was question #1

Question number 2

Does each side of the box require it's own memory? or is the memory allocated for all sides at one time?

Question #3

when you selct "none" as an option for the texture on a surface, it is no longer rendered..according to the manuel, and I agree with it as I have used this several times, but is the memory still being allocated for that side that is now not being rendered? I am thinking the answer is no here...cause it is not being rendered...but I am not sure if the memory is still being used up....

final question
Why is there such a HUGE difference between full screen and windowed mode when it comes to FPS? In windowed mode I can get about 160fps (with a fairly decent size level), but when I switch to full screen, it drops to about 59 FPS....why is this? any ideas? I do not have a FPS max or minimum set. Thanks for any insight to these questions

3DGS (6.4) Commercial