Yes, you are right, intelligence has got nothing to do with it, but I didn't bring it up either. I understand that wise people don't get excluded, but why does it look like that?

Also, remember that eventhough I see where your previous reply came from, it's not that the 'educated people' I was talking about don't believe for no reason. Most of them have a rather good amount of reasonable arguments for believing in what they do. I doubt this has much to do with Gods plan, unless he's out to mislead a part of mankind.

Quote:

goodness and purity of heart.

Okey, well I don't know if I have that, I mean, the goodness is there alright, but I'm not sure what to understand under 'purity of heart'. That sounds a bit like the 'spiritual blindness' example to me.

Quote:

Hare Krishnas, like most religions, have partial truths, this would be a truth I agree with.

I think you already understood, but my point was that everyone can claim such things. It's like kicking a door in while it's already open. Adding such 'truths' does give a feeling that the bible is more correct, but it still says exactly nothing. I'm having a hard time trying to explain this in english, however it's clear that no religious text would not add these kind of remarks and that's exactly why they appear in many other religions too.

Quote:

Well you said it was nonsense, that seemed to imply that you dont understand the teachings of Christ, because if you really understood His teachings, you would know it was not nonsense. You might disagree with it, yes, but it is certainly not nonsense.

It's possible to both disagree with the teaching and think that parts of it are nonsense at the same time, like I said a book or person can't tell wether or not I understand something on beforehand.

Why and what's the purpose of all these kind of remarks in the bible? (the remarks warning about others not being able to understand and thinking different etc. etc.) That are the psychological traps I'm talking about.

Tell someone often enough that the world is evil and they will start believing this. Especially when you warn them on beforehand about others who will strongly disagree with the ideas in the bible and react with disbelief etc. and they automatically see 'hey, the bible was right indeed, so it must be true'. Hopefully this clears up what I meant.

Quote:

Anyway, dont get angry, life is too short...however, if you are going to hell when you die I wouldnt be wasting my time in an internet forum, I would be enjoying every inch of my time. eat, drink, and be merry for tomorro we die:(

And I dont want you to die and go to hell:)

Thanks , I can relativate enough to never be really angry though, eventhough sometimes I do get irritated. I never let it ruin my days though.

I definately don't want you or anyone else for that matter go to hell either.

You seem to assume that I will go there nevertheless, which I can understand , but don't worry about me, there's enough goodness left in me. I know, according to your worldview one cannot judge himself, and I can't/won't either.

As for my literal personal well being, I guess I'll see what happens, it will however take some time before I will find out what's past the light at the end of the tunnel ... at least that's what I expect at the moment.

But you do make a good point though, I'm wasting quite some time on these forums ...

(Oww and on a little sidenote here, if my replies look to be somewhat or a lot emotionally loaded, as in agressive or annoyed then it's just my disbelief about what theist tend to believe in expressed in words. Please do not take anything I write as an offense, not personal either, because I never mean anything I write like that.)

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 06/28/06 22:28.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software