K folks, been a while again, but I'm bax... and without anything I've every worked on (curse you microsoft). Getting down to it, I'm currently working on the design document for an MORTS based on Sengoku era Japan (one of many subjects on which I do alot of hobbyist studying) wherein players raise a "house" and control one of 47 prefectural territories and fight for eventual control of all the others, making "clan" alliances with other houses along the way.

This has all the usual RTS elements: gather resources, raise warriors, diversify your army thru research, and fight for areas containing resources needed to proliferate your forces.

What makes this design unique are the following fun facts form the document:
Players can customize their uchino hadao (house flag), commander unit armor theme (from about 50 templates) and base color for all other units.

The object of the game is to unify Japan (all 47 territories) under your house/clan, idealy by way of superior firepower. This was achieved historically by a lord Oda Nobunaga and his bushi riflemen. Because firepower is the last evolution accoridng to my design, it's assumed that whomever reaches this level first and with the best strategy of takeover will win final victory.
Because it's in realtime, players could spend whole afternoons or even days vieing for control.

The game begins with a totally disharmonious server of up to 12 houses with the potential to raise 1000 man armies (though not historically accurate, I imagine that a server can only take so much abuse) and ends when they have fought, developed, and claned their way to a Japan unified under one clan/house.

Other elements include prompt based clan forming/ (You know like "Lord (name) wishes your house to join (clanname). Y/N" or "Lord (name) has decided that alliance with the (clanname) no longer serves his interest."

Prompt based negotiation ex: "Lord (name) graciously offers peace in exchange for (resource demand). Will you oblige? Y/N".

There will be a subleveled map of Japan's 47 prefectural territories with accurate terrain and climate. 12 Players per server (subject to change pending technical working out).

The list goes on and on, but what I'd like to know is if there are programmers brave enough to take it on? As everywhere here, I can't pay right off the bat, but I am compiling the design document because this and another project in the future are guaranteed successes, which to me means it's a worthy matter with which to approach investors. So pay may or may not be available, you'll just have to faith it out and work with me .

I have worked a dozen projects before (some of which were recently destroyed in a building fire...OY..didnt destroy my comp but the drive corrupted anyway.. good ol HP fireproofing).

I'm correuntly doing 3, including this one. One an animated series I am writing, for which I currently have an investor watching my every move on,

I've signed with another programmer I know on a project that's turning out to be a big sigh...mostly because he's hijacked it away from my design cuz he thinks he knows better game design than me but he's actually warping it and overelaborating it away form the original game.

( He's the only programmer I know personally ...and the only one I know crazy enough to do the project we're doing.. so I have no choice but to put up with it for now.

And then there's this one, whos working title is Sengoku Online. Because whomever joins me gets a huge share, I'd like to bump heads and pull out my resources in order to get an investor onboard, because I dont have the cash, but I know nobody wants to hear "royalty split" anymore, lol. It's like profanity these days.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.