Maybe you can. This code was posted by Matt_Aufderheide in this post right here.

Code:

material burneffect
{
effect="
technique burn
{
pass p0
{
AlphaBlendEnable = true;
srcblend = destcolor;
destblend = invsrcalpha;
}
}";
}

I don't know if you know about materials, but this is a material and what you need to do is make an action like this.

Code:

action material_test
{
my.material = burneffect;
}

Assign that to a model and compile and go. It will probably look alot different from mine, my guess is that my action for my weapon trails looks like this:

Code:

function weapon_trail()
{
my.material = burneffect;
my.passable = on;
my.transparent = on;
my.alpha = 50;
my.ambient = 100;
my.bright = on;
my.flare = on;

my.skin = weapon.skin;
vec_set(my.x,weapon.x);
my.pan = weapon.pan;
my.tilt = weapon.tilt;
my.roll = weapon.roll;
wait(4);
ent_remove(me);
return;
}

Notice the parts in red. My guess is that it affects the shader, probably not. How the shader appears probably depends on the actual skin of the model. I think this because of the reason stated in my last post at the bottom of the link that I provided for shader's post. BTW: Here's the new spear!

Not so much of me being nice; I just really don't care if you guys use them! A couple of days ago I didn't think that I could skin them, but when I actually tried, I found out that it was pretty easy - even though I'm just using MED. There is also a lack of Fantasy/RPG content that is worth anything. Most people absolutely go nuts over FPS. Sure, lots of voilence in my game, but there are ways around voilence in my game; you can just scare away enemies, and what makes you think that a giant beast wants you anyway? Yea sharks like to bite things, they do it to test if something is food, but they don't like to EAT people because we are boney, they prefer the blubber of seals. Similarly, goblins might want to hide from you because you have that big spear.

Edit: Sorry about the edit, I need advice from anyone who actually views this thread. Shall I A). Make the different player attacks depend on like a charge bar, hold down the attack button and the charge moves up and when it is released, the attack depends on how charged you are. OR B). Make him attack with different animations randomly? Can't make up my mind.

Last edited by slizzer; 06/19/05 18:46.