Hi,
Currently i own A8 Commercial, which is a good price for my Hobbyist Budget(means, NO revenue). But currently Particle Instancing is a feature i need for something(as i started to work with PhysX particlses).

The problem here is the ~600€ gap between Comercial and Pro. This amount of money is just to much for me to pay for just one additional feature, when i'll never make money with it.

I think i am not the only one who might need one or two features from Pro, but not all of them.

I thought about an AddonLicense system. This system allows a Commercial user to buy single/bundled feature additions as they need. The user then receives an additional AddOn License file which is taken into account when the engine starts(so ComKey and Addon Keys are read to unlock the features).

In this case, i could buy an Addon for a much lower price which Includes Particle Instancing(as bundled with other features OR just Particle Instancing).

I think, both sides(customer and Conitec) benefit from this system, as the customer buys things as he need, which might generate more money, more often for Conitec as more users expand beyond the usual Com license.

Greetings
Rackscha

Last edited by Rackscha; 01/14/13 11:38.

MY Website with news of my projects:
(for example my current
Muliplayer Bomberman,
GenesisPrecompiler for LiteC
and TileMaster, an easy to use Tile editor)
Sparetime-Development