Originally Posted By: AlbertoT
Try to propose a brand new game, such the Sims , at the time. [...] Artworks were poor even for the time. Yet it has been a smashing hit thanks to its original gameplay

Ha!, I remember that I read at that time a preview to E3 and that "the Sims look kinda crude" and that it is "sort of a life simulator", - the editor just spent one or two sentences to it and it looked he was more excited for the usual fps shooters and that stuff - and after E3 everyone (!) was so excited about this, hehe smile

Originally Posted By: Blattsalat
I totally disagree here!
Ideas are cheap and everyone has tons and tons of them.[...] Making games is plain and simple: work....lots and lots of work.

Blattsalat is absolutely right! Even if you, for example, make a clone of a simple game, like one of those great ones on flash game portals like kongregate.com, it involves SO MUCH work to get it right, completed, with fun, with passion - and POLISH!

Nevertheless,..
To make my post legit and to stick to the topic:

I was already wondering, why they didn't do the shift from Gamestudio to somewhere else in the making of Aaaaa!, even before, to reach more platforms, more customers. I can imagine Aaaaa! on tablets or smartphones with motion sensors very well - maybe they will do a second Aaaaa! with that stuff, multiplatform style... I would! Ichiro, if you read this, do so!!!