Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Akow), 1,403 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
terrorism? #359113
02/15/11 18:41
02/15/11 18:41
Random Offline OP
User
Random  Offline OP
User

When America nuked the two Japanese cities they killed 140,000+ innocent people.
Another 2 million died in the next 5 years.
They have bombed civilians of Chile in 1973, and killed 50,000 Vietnam war and killed millions N. Korea and killed millions Libya in 1987 and killed 15,000 Iraq and have 65279; killed over a million Afghanistan and have killed 300,000 They disregard human life for victory.
Yet their acts are not terrorism?

What are your opinions?
I think you guys know my...

Last edited by Random; 02/16/11 14:00.

Re: terrorism? [Re: Random] #359117
02/15/11 18:49
02/15/11 18:49
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Please look up the definition of "Terrorism". Thanks.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: terrorism? [Re: WretchedSid] #359118
02/15/11 19:01
02/15/11 19:01
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
In our days most people think that Terrorists and Islam are same things...
But, that's all caused with help of American government:
* fake Usamah bin Ladin (bullshit)
* fake suicide attacks in September 11 (bullshit)
* etc (insert other bullshit here)
This all was made to have a good reason to invade in Iraq...

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: terrorism? [Re: 3run] #359144
02/15/11 20:59
02/15/11 20:59
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Please. The bombing of Japan was not a terrorist attack by any stretch of the imagination. It was our (correct) response to Japan's refusal to surrender. Nobody can deny that it was awful, but what would you have done if you were leading America? Would you have left them alone so they could recharge and strike back with a vengeance? Would you have dumped troops on their own soil to restrict casualties, despite the fact that they were arming their own citizens for just such an occasion?

It's not like we abandoned them after the bombing, either. They agreed to surrender, we raised up a new government for them based on freedom, democracy, and capitalism(!), and then let them grow into the economic GIANTS they are today! Just think about it: Toyota, Nintendo, Sega... Those companies which have been completely stimulating the worldwide economy would've never existed if we hadn't set Japan straight. Left to itself, Japan would be nothing but a dictatorship.

Vietnam would've turned out just as well, if the young, hip American public hadn't stinted the war effort on America's part and forced us out so early. Way to go, hippies & liberals! Where's Vietnam now? STILL a communist failure of a nation, 50 years later? Oh well. At least they're "free" to perform communism now, just the way their prisoner-citizens never wanted!

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: terrorism? [Re: Redeemer] #359151
02/15/11 22:10
02/15/11 22:10
Germany
J
jenGs Offline
jenGs  Offline
J

Germany
Oh ha, a conservative Patriot, I guess.
Only thing to say is: Look at vietnam ... It is not a failing country.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam

Doesn't look so bad.

Look at Iraque .. after invasion -> failure (before -> failure as well I have to admit)

And I doubed that YOU have anything to do with that, so please don't use the phrase "WE have" ...
You don't participated at this wars, as I am no Nazi. Actions of our Ancestors are not inherited. Except you are a clone of them.

Re: terrorism? [Re: jenGs] #359166
02/15/11 23:16
02/15/11 23:16
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
i dont think we are terrorist, I think we believe we are the police of the world... my opinion isnt a new one though. people always say things like japan attacked us first or osama attacked us first, but that is completely untrue.. we have this attitude or air of superiority that is completely unfounded for a 200 year country. and look were its gotten us? we have a federal reserve that is handing out cash, inflating our economy like tomorrow isnt even a concern. we have millions of people who think that just because someone believes in allah that they are going to try and kill you, and our education system IS A COMPLETE JOKE. ITS A HORRIBLE EMBARRASSMENT TO EVEN BE FROM THIS COUNTRY WITH THE LACK OF INTELLECT WE HAVE HERE. (I'm not saying everyone but the general population)

And yet we think we have the right to tell other countries what to do?

And yes maybe Iraq needed help, and Suddam Hussein needed to be taken out..... But shouldn't that have been the reason, not the WMD's? and of course the majority of the country was retarded enough to believe that crap. And honestly I think an IQ test should be in place for voters.... because george bush was elected ..... twice...

'nuff said.

Re: terrorism? [Re: jenGs] #359172
02/15/11 23:35
02/15/11 23:35
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I say "we" simply because its easier to type than "America" all the time. Besides, I am an American.

I'm not a patriot. Personally I think America is going down the tubes, and if it gets real bad, I want to jump ship ASAP. I'm not completely blind to the way America is heading today. I have my own beliefs and views on that. And concerning the bombing of Japan during World War II, I think we made the right decision.

Quote:
Only thing to say is: Look at vietnam ... It is not a failing country.

Official exchange rate of Vietnam (est. 2009): $102 billion
Official exchange rate of Japan (est. 2009): $5.391 trillion
Sources:
http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/japan/pro-economy.htm
http://www.asianinfo.org/asianinfo/vietnam/pro-economy.htm

5.391 trillion / 102 billion = aprox. 53

Japan's economy is about 50 times larger than the economy in vietnam.

Admittedly, Japan has had more time to grow. There's a 20 year gap there in war recovery time. But in the early nineties, Toyota, Sega, and Nintendo still existed and were still in very big business.

Quote:
Look at Iraque .. after invasion -> failure

The war in Iraq played out just like the Vietnam war. It would've been successful if the American military had been able to do what it needed to do to win. America lost the Iraq war through politics. During World War II, everybody supported the war effort, right down to the three stooges. But you don't see any of that for the Iraq war...

EDIT:
Quote:
people always say things like japan attacked us first or osama attacked us first, but that is completely untrue..

Um. Japan DID attack us first. Ever heard of Pearl Harbor? America wanted to be neutral through the war. And then Japan attacked us without warrant at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. That's when the war began for America.

Re: terrorism? [Re: Redeemer] #359175
02/15/11 23:50
02/15/11 23:50
Canada
WretchedSid Offline
Expert
WretchedSid  Offline
Expert

Canada
Originally Posted By: Redeemer
During World War II, everybody supported the war effort, right down to the three stooges.

Not true.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com
Re: terrorism? [Re: lostclimate] #359183
02/16/11 00:23
02/16/11 00:23
Sajeth Offline
User
Sajeth  Offline
User

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
And honestly I think an IQ test should be in place for voters.... because george bush was elected ..... twice...

Lets not forget about Obama.

Teleschrott-Fan.
Re: terrorism? [Re: WretchedSid] #359191
02/16/11 01:07
02/16/11 01:07
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
@JustSid: Oh come on. I know that there was never a 100% backing on the part of America's citizens. I made a generalization. Most people (greater than 50%) in America supported America's war efforts. And yes, the three stooges did many pro-American war-themed skits in the '40s. Saw one myself just days ago.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite