Alright, I know that I should explain this part further. The system works fine when there is no text defined; if a text is defined, any text at all, anywhere in my code, the crash occurs. The welcome text is only there for the purpose of demonstrating the error. Even if I define a completely empty text, the crash still occurs.

There is a lot of code, I did narrow it down to a single line:
Code:
if(temp_panel.layer > panel.layer && temp_panel != panel)

The panel pointer is invalid ONLY in this line, it is not invalid before this line, and it is not invalid after this line. I am not referring to temp_panel, I am referring to the panel pointer that is passed into the function; ptr_for_handle works fine in this case.

Lukas, no welcome_str is not referenced at all by any code elsewhere.

Damocles, that occurred to me, but the text is not even in the same ball park, it is not registered or altered by anything.

EvilSOB, does mouse_panel work for text objects? The position of the text is in the upper left, the panel art is quite large and have dragged it around from multiple areas to make sure that I was actually hitting a panel. I have also tried to call the sort_panels function from the creation of the panel to ensure that no dragging has occured; again, with the text object defined I get a crash and without it, it works great.

Last edited by draculaFactory; 09/02/10 21:58.

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.