Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Yeah, it is good to know who we're talking to laugh Feel free to add me if you want.

With the "cyborg" idea, if they are no different to us, then surely some of them would believe in souls as well?

I think that you're right -- the belief in a soul and the belief in some sort of God(s) are closely related. Buddhism is an exception to most large religions, which teaches we have no souls, that we are strictly the products of cause and effect, and that there are not necessarily any gods -- Buddha himself was agnostic or atheist, depending on how you define those terms. No soul, no necessity for a God.

As I'm sure you've guessed, I do believe we each have a soul. Certainly a soulless machine can be tricked into thinking it has a soul on the basis that it thinks of itself as one being. But what I experience, and what I'm sure everyone else experiences, must surely be different from simply the cumulative effects of physical causes.

Jibb

thas exaclty were i wanted to bring you because.. now how do answer this:

The star sea, when broken in pieces, they give another being equal to the initial, which they move and live again, and now what? where they got that soul from..? weird isn't it? Thats why i think soul is like a weird thing I just can't say if exists or not

Last edited by MMike; 01/18/10 22:15.