Originally Posted By: Spirit

Grafton, Petra is right, your invisible view ent was just a clear mistake in your code. Thats what people tried to tell you all the time, you still seem not to understand.

Are you and Petra the same person? All what people? Who are you talking about? Other than Petra, the others in this thread support my request. There is no mistake. I know the posted code does not work, thats why I posted it, to illustrate it does not. I would like it to work, thus my request to enable PP for view ents. I want postprocessing to affect view ents if i choose. This can be done if the view ents can be both visible and renderable to a target map.

You must not render them into the camera target bmap. You must render them with a normal view on the screen. Thats just missing in your code. When you dont assign a normal view, the entity uses the camera view by default and then you cant see it because of your code. Its this simple, no new engine feature required here.

My request is to simply to be able to choose via a flag, to postprocess a view ent with the rest of the scene or not.
You currently can not do this, ergo the feature request.

I have lens flares together with a HDR shader that I took from a shader lib, I believe it was shade-C. Its using many render targets and I also never had a problem with my view ents.

As even stated by the developer, Shade-c does not render view ents visibly. I even explained why. It sounds as if you just have visible view entities and stripped some fx code from shade-c, please explain how you are post processing the view entities so the effect is shared on them as it would be a level entity that uses a RTT in its effect chain? That is the topic of this thread and the crux of my request.

Thanks for your interest.

Not two, not one.