At the first attempt, which is shown in the video, I am using vertex/mesh animations, as I could not get bones to export correctly from 3DsMax. However I've now managed to resolve that pipeline issue and will be rebuilding and exporting all characters with the included bones.

I am going to re-do the animations to make them more suitable to this approach, for example creating a set of upper/lower body animations so I can blend walk and attack, or run and jump etc...

I think this work will take me a few days to re-animate the character and then another few days to re-write the animation system to use bones. I've just been offered some help with the animation system so hopefully we might end up with something very modular.

I am really aiming for a modern Diablo Adventure RPG style game thats set in a SciFi world as I think there is more of a niche market there.

This past week since posting the video I've focused on cleanup and now have a much more stable playable. Lots of improvements to the state manager and a considerable number of silly bugs.

I have to get this finished before next month has been and gone so I am going to crack on. Thanks for your feedback and comments, hope to have a new video ready soon.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss