No it is not ludicrous , it is called good public relations. If a business wants to do well it must have good relations with its customers. You do not think someone from a company should personally relate to its customers? Just what do you think Steve Jobs does? He is the highest paid cell phone salesman in the world. Millions of teenage airheads think the iphone is cool just because Steve Jobs says it is. Every company must have a PR department, and yes part of the job of the PR department is to encourage good relations which will reduce theft. Really it is just basic economic theory.
I did not say people were stealing software because it is to expensive. I said they were stealing it because they feel ripped off . Because of the lousy PR by the big game developers people just do not understand why games cost so much. I think cost has very little to do with stealing except when people feel they are being taken advantage of.
And I never said that anyone was justified stealing software. I said that having a personal relationship with your customers will reduce piracy.

A7 com core 2, 2gb ram, geforce 7600