@Nitro I am sending you my tithes. ;-)

I think the Bible is altered, yet the story of Heaven and Hell is very true. There is a God and Jesus did in fact live and die as recorded in the Bible. There are several other documents that mention Jesus if you need "non-christian" reading material.

The Bible, Absolute or Faulty?

Thats a duh situation. Maybe inspired by God but written by man. Men have faults and thus the Bible has faults. IMO Many things have been altered from the original scrolls. Theres actually proof of that. How do you know that the KJV your reading is EXACTLY like it was written back in the day? You know its not. I look at the Bible as a guide and I keep in mind this scripture..

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works" (2 Cor 11:13-15 NKJ)

MEN have re-written and translated the Bible for thousands of years. Error is gonna be there. I believe that people are so caught up trying to focus on the mistakes that they forget God or convince themselves that he does not exist.Start looking at the simple things.. peace, love, meekness and so on. If you do not believe in God and you still guide your life according to the Bible then you will be remembered as a better man. Not saying salvation is yours.. just saying that there is nothing wrong with living up to Bible standards as best as possible.

Sorry, strayed from subject.

@JCL

The Bible was written by man. The devil would love nothing more than to rearrange and twist the words in it. Chances are, he already has... thus the contradictions. If he is smart enough to transform into a angel of light.. he can surely play "text_twist" with the Bible if allowed to do so.

My advice.. start in Matthew and use the RED words as a guide. Forget history, forget what Paul wrote if you need to. Jesus can teach you the way.

http://www.geocities.com/carapacedweller/kinjis/Tutorial_Index.html A5 and A6 tutorials <> E3S series "Show me once and I got it, tell me once and I'll think twice."