Quote:

If you believe in the 'literal' ressurection of Christ you are already branded a 'fanatic', so what difference is someone who also believes in a literal creation? or the flood? I see no reason to believe just the parts of the Bible that I choose. Either I accept all of it, or I accept none of it.

I don't really like the 'fanatics' stamp either, especially because it quickly get's sort of hostile, but also because these definitions are used for 'atheists' actively trying to get their arguments out too. (look at the recent youtube wave of atheistic movies, or the whole 'christ & creation in schools' debate in several states in the US and the claims about atheists being discriminating).

I definately agree that it would be strange to believe in only parts of it indeed, on the other hand as we know the bible consists of writings of many different authors, so there is some space here.

Quote:

The core basis of Christianity is faith in the supernatural.

I think most non-believers have problems with this, not because it's about the supernatural, but moreso the fact that it's entirely based upon simply accepting something as being true. (-> faith) When you ignore the bible for a moment and simply look at christianity without it, it's that same faith that causes problems for people wanting some evidence before believing anything. (evidence in favor of any 'side' and then decide what they believe upon that).

Quote:

But why would you want to convert a Christian anyway?

I don't want to convert anyone, everyone should believe in whatever they like, I'll respect them anyways. The only thing that sometimes bothers me, is how easily people simply believe eventhough there are good arguments not to. Perhaps 'bother' isn't exactly the right word for it, because it sounds quite negative, as if it actively disturbs me.

Edit: A slightly off topic question perhaps, but something that interests me: Do you consider God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to be one and the same, equal (in hierarchy) to eachother and/or all 'three' to be Gods? Just out of curiosity,

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 03/14/07 23:57.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software