Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, bigsmack, monarch), 1,240 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: frozenbaby] #69318
06/06/06 07:53
06/06/06 07:53
USA
frozenbaby Offline OP
frozenbaby  Offline OP

USA
OK - after some problems - D.E.L.L.A is just about ready. I am working on a simple MP (Multi-Player) level with D.E.L.L.A fully engaged. The level will use the NEW .dll to access the database - with a few NPC's and an "melee" combat system that will record drops - XP and such.

The chat system will be independent of the database.

Please note the .dll is only to access the database from a game. D.E.L.L.A "herself" is a complete admin module and works "behind the scenes". In other words, you create your relational databases as an admin - but make calls to the database via the .dll and .wdl to manipulate THAT DATA - (i.e., "add this - display results [as in completion of a quest or acquiring a weapon of health pack <- fps, ect]). SQL implemantion is up to you - but WILL NOT be able to be called from c-script. It slows the process down. Instead, if you are clever - can store your SQL in a seperate table (define as text field) - and call the query. That way - you will be able to "administrate" a new relational SQL based query quickly - without affecting game play, i.e., assign a new weapon or new NPC - a new quest or value by simply re-writing to the specific table.

I hope the have the level (with full - .wdl and a SHORT explanation up in the next week to 10 days.

Thank you all for your patience.

-Michael (aka - frozenbaby).

Some electrons may have been harmed in transmission, but most were caught in the "electronic condom" and recycled.
Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: frozenbaby] #69319
06/06/06 08:42
06/06/06 08:42
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Hey frozenbaby,
sounds good to me!
Can't wait for the release

cya Thunder

Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: Xarthor] #69320
06/06/06 11:19
06/06/06 11:19
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Glad to hear it's still alive, TUSC or no TUSC Just kidding! Ok, not funny, I know I'm interested in this, it sounds like a big thing, even if you would only make like half of those things you claim it can do, and that my friend is a good thing ,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: PHeMoX] #69321
06/16/06 10:54
06/16/06 10:54
USA
frozenbaby Offline OP
frozenbaby  Offline OP

USA
OK - would someone explain just what the "heck" TUSC is or "was"?

That being said - I am going to release "D.E.L.LA" this coming week. Have finished the beta's and am very pleased with "her" performance.

So stay tuned "Kiddies"

-myKael.

Last edited by frozenbaby; 06/16/06 11:03.

Some electrons may have been harmed in transmission, but most were caught in the "electronic condom" and recycled.
Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: frozenbaby] #69322
06/16/06 12:34
06/16/06 12:34
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

JCL just had to flew over the ocean to enable a feature by just clicking together the new beta release (I was told so). He installed the TUSC flag for the case that someone comes and says he's too lazy. Well, TUSC is an abandoned keyword of A4 that made secret features available of A5 which were just in development phase. So whenever someone said A4 is bad he just clicked on the add-feature button of his engine-generator-box. No one ever knew TUSC since a misterious person buyed an engine-generator, too. He sayed he wants to create the ultimate app that makes your own game by just clicking together the 4 letters of the word TUSC from a virtual noodle soup (with letters). Too bad that JCL raised the anti-TUSC-force and said MUHAGAGAGA! He had a phone call with the creators of that buggy engine-creation software. These damn exploits! Well, Bill G. - no thats too obvious - B. Gates said: ok, we take care of him, but you have to use our crappy new version of our engine-creator and you have to sell your soul to our device drivers. And everytime a bug report comes that handles with our engine-creator, say its a graphics driver error, 70% NVidia, I dont like them they made it all bad ... and 30% ATI, they are good guys, though. JCL said thank you and released a brand new version, called A5. TUSC was abandoned and his misterious creator. The crime delict was archived as vaporware.. because the creator of that hacker program was vaporized with laserbeams coming out of his screen as he tested out the new beam and streak featured released at that time... noone use them seriously.. guess why?! MUHAHAGAGAGA...

Just kidding.

TUSC was vaporware. The creator said that you can click together every kind of game in his app (written in DELPHI) and TUSC creates the whole gameframework with every function put together so that you have just to touch your game softly so that its a new AAA game

cya
Christian

P.S: keep up your sexy Della... best wishes.

Re: An "all purpose database" [Re: HeelX] #69323
06/23/06 06:54
06/23/06 06:54
São Paulo SP Brazil
Marcio Esper Offline
Marcio Esper  Offline

São Paulo SP Brazil
Hi Frozenbaby,

You had a terrible moments, my house had this problem too and I know how you filling.

I hope you are better now.

I am waiting too for your tool.

Best regards,

Marcio

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de