Hi,

While I continue to try to find the solution to this, I thought I would ask, I have been searching for a bit now.

In the manual, under c_move, water entities are mentioned in the IGNORE_PASSENTS section. So How does one go about creating a water entity?

What I want to do is have a passable, inivisible model or map entity that I can detect with c_move as a 'water entity' (having the "passable_ent" pointer set to the water entity). I have tried so many combinations of IGNORE_PASSABLE and IGNORE_PASSENTS with a variety of entities (mdls, wmbs, and level blocks) setting the 'passable' flag both by script and in WED, and the result is either:

The object does not pass through the 'water' block'
OR the object completely passes through and it is not detected as a water entity.
The "passable_ent" pointer is never set.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Quote:

IGNORE_PASSENTS
Ignores passable model and sprite entities, but still detects water entities (rectangular passable maps, or passable terrain). It sets the predefined flags in_passable and on_passable . The predefined passable_ent pointer is set to the detected water entity. This can be used, for example, to switch the player behavior to swimming.

Edit: A7 Com 7.82.3 (should be the latest)

Edit:

Still no luck, I am beginning to think its the IGNORE_PASSENTS flag not doing... well anything.

EDIT 2:

Ok I took the 'water.wmp' from the original office level, and it worked as a passable entity (passents still did not work but was detected with ignore_passable). However once I rebuilt the 'water.wmp' in WED without changing anything, it no longer was detected.... so I'm guessing something has changed?

EDIT 3:

When compiling a 'water block', one must uncheck 'create meshes' when compiling the map. I found this no where in the documentation.

I wasn't attempting to create a water block, just an area where when the player entered it could be detected, damaged, ect. I thought 'water blocks' would be the best way to create a volume.

Last edited by Rich; 04/18/10 04:00.

A8 com / A7 free