Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, LorraineJones, VoroneTZ, Akow), 1,446 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) #232916
10/25/08 00:09
10/25/08 00:09
eyebird Offline OP
eyebird  Offline OP

Hi Im proficient in 3dsmax animating.

I can create models with normal maps, specular and diffuse base.

Example (6000 polys, totally animated):

Also I have experience with C++ and C# so i have a good understanding of the technical requirements for models.

my pipeline is Silo3d (Model)->photoshop(Texture) ->3dsmax(animate).

PM.

SORRY I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE THE MODEL IS ONLY 3064 polys I was checking for iso lines crazy

Last edited by eyebird; 10/26/08 17:44.
Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: eyebird] #232924
10/25/08 01:56
10/25/08 01:56
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
i hope your animating is better than your modeling/texturing, because (dont take this as a mean thing) your art skill shown is definately not t somthing I'd expect to pay for.

Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: lostclimate] #232928
10/25/08 02:38
10/25/08 02:38
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
high polys for how it looks

Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: badapple] #232989
10/25/08 17:14
10/25/08 17:14
eyebird Offline OP
eyebird  Offline OP

Hi, may be yes there are a lot of polys, but lostclimate yes you was mean, I know im not an expert but i dont think it looks so bad, besides Im offering my services here in Gamestudio forum you know Gamestudio is ranked like begginers and medium professionals 3d game engine, and it is focused to that range of market, me too, what do you want a Gears of Wars model? may be Assasins Creed? do you at least know the cost of the tools to make such models? do you know the cost of that models? yes, you dont have an idea.

If you dont like the model simply tell me why not, not only that is a garbage.

thanks.

Last edited by eyebird; 10/25/08 17:20.
Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: eyebird] #232994
10/25/08 18:39
10/25/08 18:39
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
Hi, may be yes there are a lot of polys, but lostclimate yes you was mean,
Dont worry, he seems to be mean to everyone yet his own work itself is not that great.

Quote:
If you dont like the model simply tell me why not, not only that is a garbage.
Your model is not garbage, you have finished it and learned a lot, thats all that matters.

But just by looking at it I would say that you should focus more on the bottoms of the legs look too skinny and from the elbows down on the arms look too skinny. The tip of the chin is too skinny and the mandibles seem too wide.

In the future you should try to do more with less polys, if you want a true critic post your wireframe here and we can see how to lower your poly count.

Also the normal map and clothing look very strange, you should stick closer to your references.

But dont throw away your model, your basic rule should be:

"Would I use this model in my own game?" If you answer that question as yes then maybe someone else would want it for their game, and there is a chance you could sell it. I have seen games that might buy your model.

Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: NITRO777] #233025
10/25/08 23:05
10/25/08 23:05
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:
what do you want a Gears of Wars model? may be Assasins Creed? do you at least know the cost of the tools to make such models? do you know the cost of that models? yes, you dont have an idea.

actually I dont want that high of quality but yes I do know what tools you can use to make them, and you could use blender and gimp for most of it. In the sculpting area blender might not quite be enough for efficient use, so zbrush/mudbox might be required but even then, you don't always need normal mapped models to sell them. i'd focus on diffuse maps only for the moment since your normal map currently doesnt do much for the model. As far as being mean, Im not saying its garbage. I just dont think its something most people would pay for.

@Nitro- Although I don't claim to be great, I do think I have advanced a little farther than that, and figured a little advice might be helpful for him. Granted I think I could have been a little more detailed with my reply but I was in a hurry when I posted it.

as far as the actual advice goes: He looks a bit blocky, and the normal map isnt doing much. He needs to be lower poly or more details. Right now the polys are not all affecting the sillouhette in a way that the difference can be recognized, and goal of this is to have the least amount of polygons with the most detail, being deformed in the easiest way possible. A tough goal but something worth working towards.

Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: lostclimate] #233037
10/26/08 02:27
10/26/08 02:27
eyebird Offline OP
eyebird  Offline OP

ok, thank you for your critics, its ok, Im still working on it, lostclimate sorry to answer you in a rough way just your message sounded rough too, but critics are always welcomed we are here for learning!! smile

Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: eyebird] #233512
10/29/08 09:50
10/29/08 09:50
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
The quality is a good start but could indeed be improved. I would start with the texture. It looks like painted with very soft brushes. The result looks blurry. I would make more details to create a sharper look. Paint the details in higher resolutions. You can later copy them into the main texture.

Originally Posted By: eyebird
...what do you want a Gears of Wars model? may be Assasins Creed? do you at least know the cost of the tools to make such models? do you know the cost of that models? yes, you dont have an idea.

Hm, this is interesting. You said you use Silo, Photoshop and 3ds Max. If I buy this in Germany then I have to spend more than 6,000 Euros, probably something between 7 and 8 thousand Dollars. I don't call this a cheap pipeline.

You can indeed create the same or even better models with less costs. Let us consider Blender. You could do the modeling and sculpting job and even animating for free. You can use TheGimp for free. It competes easily with Photoshop in every category.

If you want to spend money then you can get Lightwave, ZBrush and a 2D painting software way below 2,000 bucks. And you can also create Gears-of-War details.

This is not a matter of money, it is passion, dedication, experience, ambition and of course time, lots of time for learning and some time for creating this content.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: Machinery_Frank] #233666
10/29/08 20:04
10/29/08 20:04
eyebird Offline OP
eyebird  Offline OP

Hi!!, you are all right!!, the tools dont do the master, and its true those are expensive tools 3dsmax and photoshop are from a friend of mine who works in an (industrial printer) graphics designer for illustrations, I only own silo and 3dcoat, and I have been with blender in head so many time I know its a really very complete software face to face to Maya or 3dsmax or Lightwave, but its interface is really annoying for me, is like those one who learnt C++, Java is weird and some prefers C# even when both languages are similars.

And yes I use The gimp, even Inkscape (really useful), Wings3d, thanks for Crits I still havenīt good skills in modelling but I think for casual games or even a little more complex games those models are ok, I have seen worst models in Squid for $50 Us dls.

Last edited by eyebird; 10/29/08 20:09.
Re: 3D Animator and Modeller for comission (paid) [Re: eyebird] #233670
10/29/08 20:44
10/29/08 20:44
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

Have you got any other examples of work?

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de