Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? #223872
08/27/08 00:48
08/27/08 00:48
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
This seemed the best place to ask this... but why has no one ever made a website to showcase all the 3D Gamestudio Games? I surf these forums from time to time, and try to keep up on what is going on, and what projects are in the works and such... but aside from the wiki list (which also includes WIP's), there isn't much in the way of a good list of what has actually been made (released) with 3DGS. Seems like it's a shame to not have a good looking stylized site that has a good listing of games that have actually been finished and released with 3DGS. Have a listing for each one in a searchable database which can be organized by Genre, Title, Teams, Individual Dev Members, etc... have a pic or 2, a small synopsis, and link to the game's official site. Maybe break them up between retail games and free games. Dunno... but I've looked for something like that almost every time I visit the site/forums... and I've never seen anything pop up...

No, I am not a game developer... I'm interested in it, but my interests lie more in the realm of filmmaking. But I would think that one of the first questions someone would think when coming across 3DGS is "what games have actually been made with it?" A site like that would answer that question, AND give some increased exposure to all the games you guys have worked so hard to make. Would be a great landing page for people just interested in playing games... With all the great talent on these forums, I'm sure you guys could come up with an amazingly cool site.

Just my thoughts...

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #223936
08/27/08 18:51
08/27/08 18:51
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
Making such list would be huge project. So there is no one (yet).

Just look around, you'll find some.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Inestical] #223941
08/27/08 19:02
08/27/08 19:02
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
You can see at least some in the Gallery. See list of links at the left.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Inestical] #223969
08/27/08 20:57
08/27/08 20:57
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Inestical
Making such list would be huge project. So there is no one (yet).

Just look around, you'll find some.

well... i have found quite a bit... but that wasn't exactly my point... i have found quite a few because i've been willing to spend a few hours browsing the forums... i'm just saying it would be very helpful to have a nice cool site that showed off the completed 3DGS games all in one go... for people who aren't willing to spend hours looking thru the forums to find them...

and i don't think "huge project" is quite right... especially compared to the multi-year projects that some of you have going on.... from what i saw on the wiki list there are only about 53 titles or so... that's not a particularly large site... especially since all the info (title, one line description, picture url(s) and links) could all simply be inserted into a database (access, .csv, .xls, .xml, etc) and the site could be fed from the database, making it easy to build/organize/search. and with that type of site, even if there are far more games, or if more games come out in the future, it would be easy to update the site.

this would really be a great way to promote all of your games... and promote 3dgs in general.... and if i've looked for it, i'm sure quite a few other people have looked for it too. take something like "www.3dgsgames.com" or something, and turn it into the public home for 3dgs games... there's another site i know of like that.... is this whole community about "fanedits" (fans re-editing movies), and there is a whole big forum where people discuss them, find out how to make them, and all kinds of stuff (www.faneditforum.com), but for the public face for the actual fanedits they have " www.fanedit.org www.fanedit.org". and yes, they get plenty of traffic on the forums from people interesting in making fanedits... but they get lots of traffic on the "fanedit.org" site from people just interesting in watching fanedits....

just a thought... seems like that could put a lot more interest and traffic into your games...

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #228352
09/18/08 21:25
09/18/08 21:25
Spokane, WA, USA
Vonman Offline
Vonman  Offline

Spokane, WA, USA
Now THAT is a briliant idea, I myself have been looking around to see what fruits grow from the acknex tree! I can't beleive I did'nt think of it myself before you said it.

I sometimes search youtube videos to see videos of people show'n what they can do with 3dgs.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Vonman] #228522
09/20/08 05:01
09/20/08 05:01
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Opps, wrong post

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: Frederick_Lim] #228544
09/20/08 11:34
09/20/08 11:34
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

The 3dgs Wiki has a list of projects.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: FBL] #228579
09/20/08 18:21
09/20/08 18:21
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Firoball
The 3dgs Wiki has a list of projects.

lol yes, as i said in my first post, i know the wiki has a list of stuff... but firstly, it includes WIP's, and not just finished projects... secondly, it's a somewhat dry boring list that doesn't really inspire a huge amount of attention or interest... scrolling down through a list of mostly unfinished projects is not really how i generally find games... nor do other people...

just saying "well, if people really want to find them, they'll take the time and look for them" is just about the worst marketing strategy i can think of lol

i'm just still surprised that there's not a cool site for finished 3dgs games...

when i want to know about games for the xbox, i'll go to gamespot or gamespy... there i can find lists of xbox games, i can find ratings, i can find pictures and videos... links to sites where i can buy the game or download demos... if i want movies, i can go to the imdb and look up new movies this year, or whatever, and i can find all kinds of info on the movies, i can find pics and trailers and ratings, etc, and links to where i can buy the movies if i want...

but when i go to try and find info on what 3dgs games are available, i have to wade thru a large forum (which most people aren't familiar with) looking for info. trying to look thru posts to find what info i can on some games... and it's even harder because most of the talked about stuff is newer games or games still in production... if i want to find older games i have to look thru even more stuff.... eventually i might find the link to the wiki... and on there i might find the "user projects" link, which is one of the last on the main page... and even if i DO find that page... i still have to wade thru tons of stuff that aren't even finished games... but just WIP's... but chances are, i've given up long before then...

and that's my point... there are lots of people on here working hard on making all these cool games... and it shouldn't be hard for just the average game player to find them if they come to this site... but it is... it takes quite a bit of digging.... i would think you guys, who have worked so hard to make these games, would want to make it as easy as possible for gamers to find your games... but right now it's rather difficult...

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: astrophe] #228580
09/20/08 18:29
09/20/08 18:29
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
most large, finished 3dgs games are on gamespy or gamespot. Who goes online and says, hey! want a game made with engine x?! I go online to search for game and i look up what console in the genre I want and entirely exclude the engine.

Re: Why is there no good site for completed 3DGS games? [Re: lostclimate] #228589
09/20/08 19:03
09/20/08 19:03
Ohio
A
astrophe Offline OP
astrophe  Offline OP
A

Ohio
yeah, that's very true LC... and i agree that most random gamers aren't going to come across it... but some are... i did... and as you said... most "LARGE" games might be on there... but what about smaller projects?

and for a site like that... the gamer doesn't even have to care about what the "engine" is.... it's just a site with some cool indie games... obviously you could put links to the 3dgamestudio site, and to these forums... but other than that, the site should be all about the games... just a cool site to showcase all the indie games that are made here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de