Zorro Links
Newest Posts
blogherenowcenter
by 3s05bmmc. 06/05/24 06:08
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 853 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19057 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AABB system, fat and narrow #154343
09/15/07 15:29
09/15/07 15:29
Usa
Rich Offline OP
Rich  Offline OP

Usa
Hi,

This is something that has been on the back on my mind for a while, I just never posted for whatever reason, but...

On the collision page in the manual, where it talks about AABB it says:
"This is the fastest collision system, however requires a BSP tree level and only offers two standard hull sizes - FAT and NARROW"

This system seems like it could be fine for games that do not require precise collision, but the restriction to two hull sizes kind of takes away it usefulness (at least for me).

I'd like to suggest that the AABB system be updated to use hull sizes that surround the model's (using a box) first frame, or specified by min max variables.

Its use would be for projects that don't require the precise features of the other system. The advantage would be speed.

Just a suggestion.
Thanks for reading.

Re: AABB system, fat and narrow [Re: Rich] #154344
09/15/07 15:44
09/15/07 15:44
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

You can already change the sizes of the hulls in the map compiler. You have always been able to do this since A5 I think.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: AABB system, fat and narrow [Re: Orange Brat] #154345
09/15/07 23:02
09/15/07 23:02
Usa
Rich Offline OP
Rich  Offline OP

Usa
Thanks. Yeah I remember reading about that back when I was using it. I think there was a downside to it, but I can't remember what it was. Something like objects share the same hull regardless of actual size?

From my understanding, right now you are limited to two hulls, fat and narrow. One is usually too small, the other too big. I'm just suggesting an update so that any object using this system can use its own simple (square) hull. It works good for anything needing simple "rigid" collision, OBB is rounded and doesn't behave correctly in certain situations.

To break it down: Objects can have a simple squared hull of any size, and there can be any number of different hulls in the level in use by other objects. Maybe already possible, this is just an old idea and could be a good one if its not already possible.

Thanks

I Just noticed that AABB is now a Pro feature.

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de