Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow), 1,371 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need Experienced Character Modeler/Animator, Pay #126339
04/25/07 16:41
04/25/07 16:41
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
I am looking for a character modeler who is experienced at creating characters and animating them. The modeler must have experience with animating characters for use in 3d Game Studio and to be considered, must provide me with an example of a character which was done by them which has at least a walk cycle animated in Game Studio.

For security reasons, I prefer the modeler be from the US, but for the right person I could make accommodations. Payments would be easier to someone in the US.

The modeler must also be relatively fast and able to meet a deadline of June 4th which is not negotiable.

Pay: $3,250 US dollars. 50% up front, 50% once all models are complete.

Setting: Futuristic space game.

Characters needed (fully modeled, animated, and skinned):

Male Captain
Female Captain
Hairy Alien Captain
Muscular Alien Captain
Older Male General (with long mustache)

Format: Final product should be Game Studio’s .mdl and format of creation.
Poly budget: 2500 – 3000 faces(triangles) each, can be less if model looks good.
Animation: Preferably bone, but we can discuss.

Contact: Please contact me at admin@jakesportfolio.com or jmlubinski@yahoo.com and provide some demo work. Do not contact me unless you are qualified and have read the entire post. If you are seriously looking at this job I suggest printing out this post and mulling over it for a while. Please do not consider this job if you have no experience animating.

All the models must be originals and not seen in other games or model packs. If the modeler has already created qualifying models which haven’t been used for anything else, that’s fine. The models will switch ownership from the modeler to the client as they are produced and handed over. The modeler will be allowed to display the models in his/her portfolio. The modeler will provide each model one at a time in the order that they are finished (should be about weekly). This will help the coders to integrate the models into the game as quickly as possible.

Animations: The four Captain characters will need a walk animation, an idle animation (slight movement while standing), and a celebration animation (right arm pumping up and down in the air). They also need to have a sitting position, where there arms move as if they are pushing buttons in a cockpit. The process of sitting down is not necessary. I would also like a slight bobbing animation cycle while the characters are sitting to simulate talking to each other, but this might not be necessary. The General will need a walk animation, an idle animation (same as above), and a talking animation (slight waving of arms while talking, no facial animation needed). He will not need a sitting position. He will talk to the Captains which will be player characters. The view will be third person.

I will provide the modeler some “concept models” which were created by my previous modeler if the modeler wants. I have the versions shown below in 3ds Max 9 format (unfortunately I have no way of exporting them to other formats), 3ds (without uv and split verts), and .mdl (without the uv). These may or may not be useful, but should give an idea as to the direction of the art. If the modeler can use these models as a base (I see a lot of tweaking which is needed), than that is fine. These are shown below. Note: there is no “concept” model for the older general.

Male Captain

Female Captain

Hairy Alien

Muscular Alien

Here are some in game shots to display the setting.

Thank you for taking the time to review this post. If you are interested and qualified, please contact me and I will answer any additional questions.

Re: Need Experienced Character Modeler/Animator, Pay [Re: JakeL] #126340
04/27/07 17:16
04/27/07 17:16
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
The position has been filled. This post can be removed.

Thanks to everyone who applied.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de