Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,397 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
have a small question. #101990
12/12/06 22:41
12/12/06 22:41
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Hi I am making a city level that need's to be big, how could I go about's making a big level, Is it possible if I made my player models and buildings and cars ect to be scaled lower or down, and make the main floor meaning the grass or base floor model not the roads or sidewalk, to make it scalled as far or high as possible?? or is it better to make invisiable objects surrounding the level so when the player collides with it, it will load the next part of the city ect??

Thanks for your time.

Re: have a small question. [Re: Aaron] #101991
12/12/06 23:07
12/12/06 23:07
Netherlands
cartoon_baboon Offline
User
cartoon_baboon  Offline
User

Netherlands
In theory scaling down eerything should work but you have to make sure you don't have a TOO high clipping distance else you'll get it running very slow.

Re: have a small question. [Re: cartoon_baboon] #101992
12/16/06 12:43
12/16/06 12:43
Aaron Offline OP
Aaron  Offline OP

Could you explain in little more detail, I want to scale down all 3d models in my level but the base floor in my case the textured grass I want to scale it up make it bigger I just done that and my models look very small but my human models before walk at normal speed now they walk fast but it takes time to get to the other end and also my sky and a backround mountain is scaled high Which I don't want I I can't really see the sky becuse the mountains over tower them.

But what I am asking is that How can I make my 3d models scaled down but not the ground meaning the grass I want to scale the grass block to the max and have the 3d models scaled the lowest so that the player can't walk quickly or drive quickly to the other side of the level.

but the problem I face now when I scaled the 3d models the lowest I can the human models walking frames are displayed fast but the people don't walk fast it's just he leg's move fast but the player itself moves normal or default movement.

Would it be possible for me the scale the models lower and have the base ground scaled to the max would the mess up the feel of the game.

What I am doing is making a city and before this post I had the 3d models on default scale and when I walk around with the player model it would like take only 1 minute to get to each end of the city which I don't want, this is when the base ground is scaled to the max but the models are at the same default scale or size.

I want to make a city big and make it feel big meaning that if you take a car and drive to each end of the city I want it take time but I don't want the player to feel like the car is slow, For example if the player get's into a car and drives 100mph I want to show or have the player driving that car to feel that he really is going 100mph but I don't want him to get to each end of the city in less then 1 minute and I don't want the car to be slowed down or anything, I want to show that the city is big.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your time.

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de