Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,519 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MDL7/MDL5 and Copyprotection #99659
11/23/06 06:10
11/23/06 06:10
Oklahoma, USA
FixxeR Offline OP
FixxeR  Offline OP

Oklahoma, USA
This is actually kind of a two part question. I've been doing some research, but haven't been getting the answers I'm looking for. Exactly how flexible is the A6 as far as it comes to model loading? Specifically, if I were to inject copyprotection codes to the end of my models would the A6 engine still be able to load them? I'm not entirely familiar with the MDL7 format, but I'm not assuming that there's a comment portion in the header that I could use for this.

As an aside to this, what other options do I have for copyprotecting my other resources? I understand that the A6 has a built-in packaging system, but I need to ensure the integrity of the resources. I'm not bad mouthing Conitec in anyway, I just understand that people will go to any lengths to break open technology. And the best of them will usually succeed.

So, in closing, this post is all about copy protection. I'll already be checking resource file sizes to check integrity that way, but I'd feel more confident if I knew my options for injecting copy protection codes into the resources.

FixxeR

John Dies at the End - One of the best fictional stories online. Join the fight for Internet Freedom
Re: MDL7/MDL5 and Copyprotection [Re: FixxeR] #99660
11/23/06 07:27
11/23/06 07:27
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
Copy protection software can work with different methods, but "inject codes to the end of models" does not make much sense to me. I doubt that this works and don't see how this could help with copy protection.

There are many copy protection solutions on the market. I am not this familiar with them that I could recommend a particular one. But I suggest that you do a Google search and check which software meets your requirements. Gamestudio should work with all normal copy protection methods, but not all versions support everything. For instance, you'd need the Pro Edition for using a software that modifies the EXE or the engine DLL.

Re: MDL7/MDL5 and Copyprotection [Re: jcl] #99661
11/24/06 08:26
11/24/06 08:26
Oklahoma, USA
FixxeR Offline OP
FixxeR  Offline OP

Oklahoma, USA
Well, maybe I used the wrong terminology. Ultimately what I'm asking is, "I need to protect my resources from being tampered with (changed, modified, etc), what are my options for doing this?"

I used the example of injecting a security code at the end of the models. Something like an MD5 Fingerprint that's part of the model file, for example.

FixxeR

John Dies at the End - One of the best fictional stories online. Join the fight for Internet Freedom
Re: MDL7/MDL5 and Copyprotection [Re: FixxeR] #99662
11/24/06 08:59
11/24/06 08:59
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
I understand what you asked, but as I said I'm not this familiar with copy protection software to give competent advice. I just would forget about that "security code at the end of models", because even if this worked I can't see how this would give you much protection.

The best method is using the Pro Edition and a resource file. The next best method is using a commercial packing/copy protection tool, and the third-best method is using one of the a free protection tools written by Gamestudio users, like NACASI.

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de