Gamestudio 7?

Posted By: Des_Tiny

Gamestudio 7? - 05/23/06 20:13

Hi,

Does someone know when GS7 will release? Or does someone have an idea when this could be? I'm thinking on upgrading to GS6Pro, but i don't want to spend money on it, if the next version comes in less then 5 months. Those of you who are using GS since A1, do you know how much time it took for a new engine?
Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/23/06 20:14

Not again...
Posted By: anonymous_alcoho

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/23/06 20:20

They will never tell us when A7 will come out until it does so be patient. If they did give us a date, then they either have to rush to meet that date or they miss the date and people yell at them. It is much better therefore for them to not reveal when A7 is released so they will not be telling us.

Don't bother asking.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/23/06 20:32

Please do search before posting! Questions like this have been asked a couple of times in Ask Conitec forum.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/23/06 22:59

Well I'm pretty sure it will last longer than 5 months before A7 will even be started on, since A6 isn't done with yet so to speak. I have been around since A4 and they've always given a period of time in which they'll a.) announce that a next version is comming soon and b.) they will also make sure the exact thing you are afraid off ain't going to happen, because they have a temporary period of time in which people who recently bought for example A6 close to A7's release will automatically get an A7 version later on. However this is not going to happen fast, but then again I'm not from conitec, but I think you are on the save side when you would buy A6 com now and upgrade later to A7 pro for example. This would get you started with learning the engine without having to shell out the double price. If A7 would come soon, it would have been announced ...

Quote:

Ok then, here's the official sticky A7 statement:

We _are_ working on a new render kernel that maybe one day will become A7. This new kernel will do without the current level geometry clipping / backface removal process and is supposed to render huge levels faster than A6. We're still in the early stage of trying various algorithms and have not yet fully decided which way to go.

Apart from that, I don't know jack about A7. The only thing I know very well is its release date: When it's finished.

Cheers
Posted By: Damarus

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/24/06 12:25

we better dont ask them again because when i asked about A7 they already closed the thread after they answered me and i guess you probably know what that means. And you can ask them as often as you want they wont tell you that. And i think it still will take some time to finish A7.
Posted By: beegee

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/24/06 15:36

that's really unbelieveable. they don't know much about A6 and then that....

mfg beegee

---------
GenuineMotors.de
Posted By: Damarus

Re: Gamestudio 7? - 05/25/06 18:06

Quote:

that's really unbelieveable. they don't know much about A6 and then that....

mfg beegee

---------
GenuineMotors.de

what do you mean with that who don't know much about A6?
© 2024 lite-C Forums