max payne movie. it's about time

Posted By: JibbSmart

max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 12:37

http://au.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/150748/max-payne/videos/maxpain_trlrb_071108.html

looks very max payne if you ask me. anyone else have to see it just because it's max payne?

julz
Posted By: Inestical

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 12:41

It going to suck big time.

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 12:44

doesn't stop it from being "max payne", which is why i'm going to see it smile

i certainly am not going to expect good things out of a film-adaption of a movie (it never pays off) but that just means i'll enjoy it more smile

julz

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 15:23

I'd like it if it would actually be the max payne story (the original) with most ingame stuff rendered with real people.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 16:32

i love watching the gun being randomly pointed and shot, were in no way would any of those shots hit anyone.
Posted By: Toast

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 17:48

Please tell me Uwe Boll is NOT involved in this!
I also don't like the actor for Max Payne - just like for that Hitman movie I think the actor looks a bit like in the game but is nowhere close to the character he should represent. Maybe that's not just the actor's "fault" but the Max Payne I think of is kinda fucked up, sleeps in his clothes, hasn't shaved himself for a while and most important has sort of a special voice. He looks more like a "McGee" from Navy CIS than a messed up cop...

I also don't really know what all that stuff with those winged guys is about - maybe they show up in the nightmares although I really enjoyed those rather simplistic scenes from the game with those dices twisting, the baby crying and all that stuff. Well I'll definitely keep an eye on this... smile

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 18:08

i agree the actor is definatly not grungy enough for the role

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 19:29

Yeah, the hitman guy was funny, but he wasn't hitman-ish.

Nor is the idiot cosplaying Max.

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 23:39

yeah it's a shame about his appearance. in the days of max payne 1 i imagined bruce willis with more hair playing him. the original character (especially for the graphic novel bits) was based on a human model they had. it would've been way-cool if they could have him as max payne (assuming he was at least okay at acting).

julz
Posted By: broozar

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/13/08 23:51

yeah.. you're talking about sam lake, the man behind the story.

part 2's model was based on timothy gibbs,

Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 05:59

Wahlberg is the perfect name actor to play this part, so I'm glad he got it. After watching the trailer, I can definitely tell they nailed the atmosphere perfectly. Another potential Neo Noir in the making.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 08:23

While the trailer looked really cool I am also very disappointed that they choosed Mark Wahlberg. I think he is very flat actor. I saw him yesterday in the Happening and he was really bad. Too bad.

Maybe the movie leads to a third part of the game?

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 08:27

holy shit that is mark wahlberg, didnt look like him to me at first. I didnt see the happening but all the movies i've saw him in he did a good job, and did a good job acting like a badass, i think it could be good, but, i did hear from friends that the happening sucked so i dont know.

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 11:53

@broozar: there we go! good shots there.

i only ever played max payne 1. given how much they changed his appearance for number two (such a shame, too; the first guy was really unique, the second max payne is too average), it might as well be mark wahlberg.

never thought he was much of an actor though.

still looking forward to the movie laugh

julz
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 12:49

They can change faces like they want. It still was a good game with deep but sad story and with a beautiful girl, nice and bad at the same time. The game-play becomes a bit repetitive over time though.

But I am not sure about the movie. I simply have bad experiences with all kind of game-related movies. And as we could see from the latest game publishments like GTA4: The games now make more money than movies do.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 13:51

Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
The game-play becomes a bit repetitive over time though.

I agree eventhough there was hardly time in the game for it to become repetitive in those tiny 5 or 6 hours of gameplay it had...

I hope the movie is going to be good, the trailer does look very promising to me. Even with those flying monsters in it (I think those are actually metaphors for drugs usage or something, on the other hand they refer to "Max Payne wants what God wants to keep a secret" or something along that lines, so God knows what they did to the original story.. frown ).

I haven't seen a lot of bullet dodging action yet, but I hope there's plenty of Matrix-style stuff in there, after all the game was so heavily influenced by that movie, that it would look funny if there wouldn't be something of that in it.

Best thing about the trailer so far is that it seems they had a pretty good budget to spend from.

Cheers
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/14/08 23:22

the movie will be aweful,

mark wahlberg definitely doesn't look like max payne and he is terrible at acting in pretty much all of his movies except the italian job.
He's a very stale actor, his brother is better
Posted By: SlyBoots

Re: max payne movie. it's about time - 07/15/08 03:01

I'm actually fine with Wahlberg in it. In all honesty Max Payne doesn't even look like himself between the two games, so I don't see how that can even be an issue.

While just shooting in a general direction of something may not hit someone - it will usually get someone to hide or take cover behind something. Shooting in my general direction or not, I'm not partial to possibly getting hit.

I think they've got the look down.

I don't have high hopes, but will see it out of curiousity.

---
As for Hitman, the deleted scenes SHOULD have been in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUV7HIRkJMA

Can't believe they used that sword fight over this...!

I think David Bateson would have worked fine, but I was fine with Timothy as 47.

Couldn't believe how many people wanted Statham for it. I have nothing against him, but he's in everything at the moment. It's like all of the people who want Angelina Jolie for any movie that stars an attractive female who carries weapons around shooting everyone.

Blah.

That's it for off topic-ness. smile
© 2024 lite-C Forums