instancing

Posted By: MaxF

instancing - 02/20/09 15:10

Quote:
The Pro Edition uses instancing (a method supported by new graphics cards to render many copies of the same object) for creating thousands of particles with one single drawing function. This way up to ten times more particles can be rendered than with the lower editions. This feature can be switched off through the particle_mode variable.

I would like to see this for any object (mesh) smile
Posted By: jcl

Re: instancing - 02/23/09 16:15

This is planned, but can take a while. Instancing on sprites is not so hard, but instancing animated models becomes really messy.
Posted By: TechMuc

Re: instancing - 02/24/09 08:20

hmm there are nvidea tech demos out there, where at least over 1000 (complex) models are instanced in different animation states (ofc i do not know the restrictions of the code in this video - i'm pretty sure that this system maybe relativly limited).

But to get to the gist of my post: As you already said it's "pretty" easy to implement Instancing for Sprites (as there are a lot of articles about it, in the net), would it be possible to implement this a little bit earlier? Would be a wonderful way to create a much more realistic Gras-System smile
Posted By: Hummel

Re: instancing - 02/25/09 09:41

I would need it for my gras and particles too wink
Posted By: Christian__A

Re: instancing - 04/11/09 13:37

Nice feature, but bad to see it's for Pro only.
© 2024 lite-C Forums