Realtime Savedir Directory Change

Posted By: LaQroix

Realtime Savedir Directory Change - 06/15/08 09:03

I have made a Profile system like in Need For Speed:Most Wanted using Win32 API. When creating a new profile, a document is bein created with the same name of the profile; which contains options log, and save files of the profile. But since the savedir path cannot be asigned by string, changing save path in realtime is impossible. Because of this i move my save files with Win32 API from game folder to the correct document. Also same method while loading. But .sav files aint that small sized and that makes the things slower. Assigning savedir path by string should do the trick i thnk, but of course if its possible. If its imposibble please add a PRAGMA define for the SAVEDIR also. Adding a new wdl with 2 lines aint that hard but it confuses the user usually because of the same name and same Lite-C symbol. Thats annoyin laugh ... If you can reply my post with ur answer i ll be real glad...
Thanks...
Posted By: Quad

Re: Realtime Savedir Directory Change - 06/15/08 09:23

selam prince.
su ana kadar hiç save ile urasmadim ama manualde gördügüm kadariyla save_dir ile str_cmp islemi yapiliyor. dediğim gibi denemedim ama str_cat(save_dir,"\\"); ardindanda str_cat(save_dir,profil_adi); ise yarar büyük ihtimalle.

-->en:

use str_cat to append savedir using profile name.

edit: denedim oluyor. <Turkish chars problem >.< >

Re: Realtime Savedir Directory Change - 06/15/08 09:27

I found another idea. I really dont know if my ideas are possible or not but maybe adding a new paremeter to game_save and game_load should do the trick also. I mean somethn like this :

game_load("Data\\LaQroix",usersave,i);

Or a new function like this:
game_load("Data\\LaQroix\\usersave001.sav");
Posted By: Quad

Re: Realtime Savedir Directory Change - 06/15/08 09:29

str_cat works for changing the directory. You can change it anyway you like.(see my prev post.)

tried it. it works.

Re: Realtime Savedir Directory Change - 06/15/08 09:31

save_dir olarak degil de savedir olarak denemistim ben :\ .. Bu arada saol Quad isiklandirmadaki gibi kurtandin gene beni wink
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eng: i tried it with the char "savedir" not "save_dir" :\ .. Thnx for ur help Quad ...
© 2024 lite-C Forums