Zorro 1.04 released

Posted By: jcl

Zorro 1.04 released - 12/17/12 08:02

Zorro version 1.04 was now released. You can download it from the same link as the previous Zorro version. The following new features have been implemented:

- Fuzzy logic functions have been added.

- The EndDate variable can be used to determine a fixed backtest period.

- The sortData / sortIdx function can be used for sorting series and arrays.

- Examples for converting MQL4™ EAs, EasyLanguage™ scripts and NinjaScripts™ to Zorro were added to the manual.

- The number of pending trades can now be evaluated with the NumPendingLong/Short system variables. Open and closed trades can be enumerated with the forOpenTrades and forAllTrades macros.

- The AssetsList file can be changed in the script for simulating a different broker or account.

- A Grid Trading strategy as an example of what better not to trade was added to the Get Rich Quick section.

- If some assets are not found or could not be subscribed, as with certain UK accounts, Z1 and Z2 now just continue with the rest of the assets. Previously the strategy was aborted with an error message. If all components of an asset are excluded in the Z12.fac file, the asset is now not downloaded from the broker anymore, thus allowing a faster start of the strategies.

- A new system Z12 was added that is a combination of Z1 and Z2.

- The dst function calculates the daylight saving time. The day functions now automatically skip weekends, which makes them easier to use without the need to check the current day of the week.

- The Zorro setup program is now Windows 8 compatible. Previously it had to be started in Win7 compatibility mode under Windows 8.

Under http://manual.zorro-trader.com/new.htm you'll find a more comprehensive list of the features and known issues of version 1.04.
Posted By: Maurizio

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 12/25/12 23:05

Hello, I have opened trades. How is the right procedure to install the new 1.04 version at the place of the old one so that the opened trades are taken from the new one?
Thank you.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 12/27/12 08:45

Depends on if the strategy has changed or not.

If it has not changed, just stop trading the old system, do not close trades when asked, close Zorro, install 1.04 in the same folder, start the new Zorro and continue trading.

If it has changed, like Z1 and Z2, you can not continue open trades. So you need to end the old trades. The best way is setting the Margin slider to 0 and waiting until all trades are closed, even if it takes a couple of days.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 12/27/12 22:26

Thank you very much. I will go on with the same strategies Z1 and Z2. Now I run 2 instances on the same PC without problems, one with Z1 and one with Z2. Is it possible to substitute them with just one instance with the new Z12 system? Is Z12 the exact sum of Z1 and Z2 strategies?
Thanky you

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 12/28/12 08:56

Yes, Z12 is the sum of Z1 and Z2.

Running several instances on the same PC works here too, but other users have reported problems. We're currently developing an FXCM interface with their new API that supports multiple instances.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 12/29/12 13:31

Thank you for your answer and support.
Kind regards.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/02/13 22:02

Hello, I replaced the old v 1.03 with the new 1.04 on my account. As you suggested, I did not close the old trades and just installed the new version. Before I traded 2 separated instances, one with Z1 and the other with Z2. When I reopened Zorro (Z12) all the trades were closed and as I know, it should not happened. Could it be that I should not do the changing when the market was closed but wait till the market opening?
Thank you.
Kind regards.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/03/13 10:17

Z12 should not affect trades from Z1 and Z2 anyway, as they are 3 different systems. Can you describe in detail which system you started and which messages you got?
Posted By: sabgto

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/03/13 20:02

I was using zorro only to test and all was ok but in this version it seems to be that an FXCM account is needed. Is it necesary to have an account in FXCM in order to use zorro ?

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/03/13 23:03

Hello. concerning the problem with the trades closed when I replaced the old version with the new one, I simply closed the 2 instances running separately Z1 and Z2 without closing the trades, then installed the new Zorro version, reopened Zorro with only one instance trading Z12. This was during the week end at market closed. At the market opening Zorro started running regularly but all the trades were closed. Could you explain it?
Thank you

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/04/13 08:30

sabgto: You don't need a broker account - Zorro just found that 2013 price data is missing. We'll upload it in short. Until then you can prevent the message by setting EndDate to 2012 in your scripts.

Maurizio: I'm still not sure if I understand the problem. Did Z12 continue trades from different systems, and then close them? Or did the trades just close by themselves, unrelated to Z12? The latter would be normal, as the recent price movements caused by the fiscal cliff issue would have stopped out many trades. The former would not be normal, as Z12 can not continue or close trades from Z1 or Z2.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/08/13 00:19

Hello, Z12 did not continue trades from Z1 and Z2 traded separately. I did non allowed the system close previous trades, but when I restarted Zorro (new version with Z12) all the previous Z1 and Z2 trades closed by themselves. Anyway, do you think it is better to install future Zorro versions in the week time when market are open and possibly not in the week end?
Thank you

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/08/13 09:41

The continue mechanism stores the state of trades in a file in the Log folder. It's Z1.trd for Z1, Z2.trd for Z2, and Z12.trd for Z12. So Z12 can not close trades from Z1 or Z2, even if it wanted, because they are not in the Z12.trd file and thus Z12 does not know their trade ID numbers. Therefore I assume not Z12, but their stop loss has closed those trades.

But to be sure, can you check your Log folder for the 3 files Z1.trd, Z2.trd, and Z12.trd, and post here their file lengths and dates?

- It should not matter at which day you install the update, but it's better to start Zorro when the market is open.

Re: Zorro 1.04 released - 01/12/13 23:54

Hello, I think it would be better that I post the log files, so that you could see what exactely appened. How is it possible to send attachments here in the forum? Meanwhile I will try to send the log files by email post. Thank you.
© 2024 lite-C Forums