A7 Renderer

Posted By: FBL

A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 19:20

Just wanted to add, that the A7 engine window still resizes my desktop area to the current resolution. This means all applicaton windows (SED, Browser, ...) are resized as well when not working in maximized mode - it is really annoying!

Graphics adapter: Point of View Geforce 7900 GT with Nvidia drivers, Dx 9.0c
Posted By: jcl

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 19:31

I have experienced this problem when running a fullscreen application - no matter whether A6, A7, or something else - and switching to the desktop while in fullscreen mode. I think this is normal Windows behavior.

Or do your windows keep their wrong size when you don't switch to the desktop, but terminate A7 normally?

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 19:36

No, it does not. But still, all windows stay resized. I don't have this problem with any other Windows Dx game, so I don't consider this behaviour normal.
Also I did not switch to the desktop while the engine was running. I just came back to my desk after terminating the engine using F10.

And yes, this problem also occurs with A5. A6 probably as well, I cannot test this one
Posted By: inFusion

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 19:44

*cough* switch to mac *cough*
Posted By: jcl

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 19:58

Quote:

And yes, this problem also occurs with A5. A6 probably as well, I cannot test this one

Chances are then that it also occured with A4 and will also occur with A8.

As I can not remember such a problem from anyone else, it could be a specialty of your PC. A DirectX application has no influence on the behavior of desktop windows in fullscreen mode. I also don't think that a video driver could affect this.

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 20:38

I've had this problem on two different PCs.... One running Win98 and another one running Win XP...
Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 20:54

Actually, is there a way to adjust the resolution for widescreen LCDs?

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/06/07 21:05

To explain the problem better, I'll post 2 screens here.
First one is beofre running A7, second one is after running A7 in fulslcreeen at 640x480.

The size of the screenshots is untouched, this is why they are so big.

Posted By: FoxHound

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/07/07 00:59

My computer neve likes to have the Res resized when entering a full screen app. So for making your games I would keep the Res the same as the destop or move the destop size to the size of your game for that time.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/07/07 07:47

Windows does that, if the application window isn't maximised, it will be resized, so it won't overlap. Then again, it isn't able to restore the old size of the window. so it stays like that.

It's even more annoying with dual-head view, the windows are forcefully moved away to the second monitor and not restored, normally the windows are at somewhere middle, tho it depends on the resolution I use.

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/07/07 18:05

Quote:

My computer neve likes to have the Res resized when entering a full screen app. So for making your games I would keep the Res the same as the destop or move the destop size to the size of your game for that time.

I know, but this is only a temproary solution.
For development I'm not working in fullscreen anyway.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/07/07 21:30

I now managed to have the same problem, when I change the resolution while ingame at fullscreen and close the engine, the windows are all resized. (switched around 5 times by pressing F5 and I got one error, dunno what the error said because I only heard a DUNK, but saw nothing.)
Posted By: FixxeR

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/09/07 00:14

As far as the error goes, maybe it tried to switch to a resolution unsupported by your Monitor/Graphics card?

FixxeR

Re: A7 Renderer - 02/09/07 15:55

Certainly not. As I said I haven't switched resolution inside the game, and 640x480 IS supported.
© 2024 lite-C Forums