Future of 2D gaming :

Posted By: TheExpert

Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 11:54

Amazing physics in 2D :

crayon video

Try the game

Jello Car

All these amazing physics could be integrated in some 2D platform game more conventionnal mixed with theses physics !
Posted By: chaotic_dragon

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 12:02

That [censored] is awesome mate lol wish to play this game so bad it looks like another great strategy game.
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 13:34

Great stuff. The crayon game might be fun to play with your kids (if you have any).
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 14:51

Lol, pretty old, but extremely awesome! I heard about the game quite a long time ago and it's also one of the IGF contenders... Hehehe, don't people here read sites like www.gametunnel.com or www.tigsource.com and so on? Comes highly recommended!

For more cool physics games be sure to check out www.fun-motion.com, it sort of reviews these types of (experimental) physics games.

Cheers
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 16:54

I think here is it... http://www.computerbild.de/programme/Crayon-Physics_1914183.html
EDIT: Yes thats it have fun
EDIT2: Call me your god
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 18:03

Hell yeah, this would be awesome for the nintendo DS.
Posted By: Damocles

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/18/07 22:53

I just played Crazy Machines, wich is a similar gameplay (2D physics puzzle game).
Physics will play more and more a role in future gaming.
Graphics are something the player gets used to, and forgets
to notice during playing, but physics are always a "feeling" part of the game.
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 11/22/07 03:01

The Crayon Physics is made by finnish developer ^^

the game itself is great, now waiting that the Deluxe comes out, so I can make cars and stuff.
Posted By: MrCode

Re: Future of 2D gaming : - 12/01/07 02:50

I tried Jello Car, and it's fun except for the fact that it doesn't quite play as well as it should. My system sucks. Either that, or XNA is interpreted, and not compiled like C/C++/Lite-C (I don't know, I've never used it).

I only get maybe 15-20 FPS, and there's no "time_step", as it were, to compensate for the lack of frames.
© 2024 lite-C Forums