Quick Mario Model

Posted By: Shinobi

Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 03:42

Hi everyone .

Hampe requested this Mario Model and i made it for him , i tweaked it a bit more and got him down to 1062 Polys but it has no Animations !! .
Now i Post it here so everyone can use it too. (FREE to use)

Download Mario
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 07:23

5 fingers????
Posted By: Inestical

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 07:47

I looked that mistake too does not look like mario :/
Posted By: Silent_Assassin

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 10:16

wow its marios hideously looking twin

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 10:59

Quote:

5 fingers????

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 11:02

Quote:

wow its marios hideously looking twin

I only want to help in my busy freetime , no one have to use this model , only if he like to.
Posted By: Grimber

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 14:26

yep, amazing how people want free stuff, but then complain when its not perfect.

could use a few tweaks to get it more into shape but nothing major. body more egg shaped, the hands/fingers more ballon cartoonish with a defined ridge around the glove wrist. then lighten up the skin.

(here i just diddled a little with the body shape to get it to)
(more the egg body shape mario has)

plus it is a simple enough mesh for people to practice animating ( and boning) a model with.

it's got potential. i think Shinobi had a good start on it.
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 16:47

Yea it's pretty good but not perfect. But hey, it's free so lets not complain too much . Good work Shinobi and thanks for making it in your spare time for the 'ungrateful' community kidding about ungratefulness but seriosuly, thanks! .
Posted By: Unt

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 17:22

Quote:

(here i just diddled a little with the body shape to get it to)
(more the egg body shape mario has)

Grimber, just to let you know for the future
diddle on dictionary.com:

1. To jerk up and down or back and forth.
2. To have intercourse with (a woman).
3. To practice masturbation upon.

P.S.: I like the model, especially the beer belly. Could be used for a game when Mario is in retirement.
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 17:37

Quote:

Maybe he already knew, that's why he said it . I'm kidding there Ole' Grimber .

@Unt: Guess who rated you 5 stars .
Posted By: Grimber

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 17:42

Quote:

result of sick minds which comes from dictionary.coms 'vulgar slang' dictionary source

you need to look at the oxford, american heritage or websters defintions which generaly fall into

diddle
1. cheat or swindle
2. waste time
3. to modify in a non serious manor
4. to tweak, twiddle, fiddle, toy or play with
Posted By: Unt

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 22:25

Good to know, but my English teacher still wouldn't let me use that word in my play. Sorry for spamming then, lol.

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/09/05 22:26

Hey its free if you could need it in your project take it and leave a comment , if not then feel free to give some tips for tweaking . Thats what you could think about free stuff here.

@all now Grimber started it , this Model is now open source everybody can add some stuff to it , maybe bones and animations

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/10/05 05:36

nah its cool Shinobi i was having a little joke anyway its better than what i could do modeling is not one of my strong points

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/10/05 12:29

This model is made in 30 min. and the skin in 5 min. , of course it could be ugly
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/10/05 17:30

never paied lots of attention but i am amazed by the fact he has 5 fingers...weired world.

cheers

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/11/05 06:26

yeah i never paid any attention to his hands i just play the game
Posted By: Hampe

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/11/05 08:05

Hi Grimber could you uppload the model after you fix it. I think that you model looks mutch beter.
Posted By: Calined

Re: Quick Mario Model - 11/11/05 08:18

diddle? o.o
just got this:
http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi?lan...&dlink=self

i also know a mouse with this name
Posted By: Kotakide

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/14/06 07:01

good model but
I think this mario doesn't look like friendly and cheerfully
Posted By: ICEman

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/15/06 00:09

one joke I promise :..That's what peach saw when she sobered up the next morning.

xD..but anyway yea..it might as well be free...its not like you can use it to make a commercial game. You'll get the crap sued out of you.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/15/06 00:29

Great job Shinobi!
Quote:

Hey its free if you could need it in your project take it and leave a comment , if not then feel free to give some tips for tweaking . Thats what you could think about free stuff here.

-Shinobi

or....how about if you think there's something wrong with it, make one yourself and fix it, and then give it to people "the way its supposed to look" like Shinobi did! This is free, its a model, textured and formed, there is absolutely NOTHING TO complain about.
Posted By: ICEman

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/15/06 16:17

Neh..nothing to complain about at all. But was that really the best you could do?

(Not asking to be funny,or a smartass, inquiring scientifically)

Seriously, not trying to down you about it at all, but I have a standard which applies to all my work..even the free of it. Granted the free isnt my absolute best of breathetaking CG, it also states a bit about me as a modeler.

Take the free chainsaw I just did for example... it's not my absolute best, but I took a couple hours on it and made it somewhere along the lines of presentable just because I dont want others seeing it and going.. "Blech!..What hack did THAT?", much like people (but not me !) are trying to do to you over this model.

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/15/06 17:06

(Cant believe that) you can find some of my (mutch older works) at the Render Contest II .
Dont know what people expect from a 30 minutes modelt and textured free model ?!?

Thats of course not my best work at all , but sometimes i like it to be quick becouse of my litle spare time .

if you (and all other) want , visit this LINK there are most of my (2 years before entering into gamedevelopment) works

P.S. i did this Model for someone who requested it , all i want is help thats all
Posted By: Anubis

Re: Quick Mario Model - 02/15/06 17:10

nice work I like the dbz arena :P
© 2024 lite-C Forums