Base Textures

Posted By: bupaje

Base Textures - 09/26/05 02:02

I made some tests and some base textures to use to make other textures. I thought someone might find them useful.

Posted By: NL_3DGS_n00b

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 04:45

GREAT outdoor textures!!!!!!! My rate: 9,5/10 .
The textures are looking realy wonderfull!
Posted By: FeiHongJr

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 06:03

Wonderful contribution as ussual Thanks alot. Cant wait till tommorrow so ill have time to check them out a lil more. I have to ask how do you know so much about textures have you attended any classes or did you learn most from the internet. Either way great work and cant wait to see what you will contribute next

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 07:33

Thanks for the kind words. Anything I've learned has been a result of this forum and experimenting.

I can't take all the credit forh these though as I used TextureMaker to help make these. I use to think all these texture generators were baloney but the truth is they can be useful to speed up certain operations. In these I reused some simpler textures I had made previously,then I made some 'mixing maps' in Paint Shop Pro and used TextureMaker's Multitexture tool to mix them up. Here's a simple mix map I made

Then I used the light and bump tools and tweaked them in PSP. It is a cool tool and I thought of some more complex ways to generate cool textures but has to wait till I get more free time. You can even draw stuff in PSP and then move it into TextureMaker to use the bump and lighting tools to give more depth. It doesn't magically convert every texture into a masterpiece but sometimes it gives a great result in seconds that I would be dodging and burning and adding shadows by hand for a long time.

Some people make nice textures entirely in TM but I am more use to PSP - been using it off and on for several years so it is the tool I am most comfortable with.
Posted By: vlau

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 07:54

Very nice. I use PSP too, but I don't know how to
make such fantasic textures. Ah, can you create some
canyon wall textures?
Posted By: Lion_Ts

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 13:59

Good work, Bupaje !
I'm trying TextureMaker now. I think it's very usefull to make 'base' textures to combine them in Photoshop or to produce good texs with TextureMaker's mixers.
This tool can speedup tex creation, I think.
I'll buy it.

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 16:35

Quote:

..Ah, can you create some
canyon wall textures?

I can't promise as I have several things running but I may be creating some for another project and if so will drop a few in here as well.
Posted By: YeaWhatever

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 18:03

Those are beautiful. I especially like the earthy, wheathered look about them. I have not had a chance to use any of them yet. Do they tile?

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 18:06

Yes they should all tile. There are one or two imperfections -little doy here or there that might show up but my original intent was to cut these up to make other textures. If you do the same or use them with a multitexturing shader they'll be fine otherwise try them out to make sure there are no annoying spots -should be pretty good.
Posted By: Jupp

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 18:10

Your textures are great. I will use them in my contest level. I hope this is okay for you. If you want, I'll credit you

Re: Base Textures - 09/26/05 18:13

Please use them anywhere, even cut them up to make your own commercial textures terrains or levels. You may also post them on your own websites -just don't charge people for them though any derivative works you can do whatever you want. Same applies for any of my free textures. Glad to see them used.
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: Base Textures - 09/27/05 07:59

Thanks bupaje!
These will be of good use.
Posted By: DLively

Re: Base Textures - 10/03/05 14:31

Wow! those are some great textures! I could really use theM!
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: Base Textures - 10/03/05 14:33

I really haven't seen textures like this before. You seem very talented there Bupaje. Man, I wish I could do this .
© 2024 lite-C Forums