a couple more textures

Posted By: FeiHongJr

a couple more textures - 09/19/05 11:44

Ok well since my comedic styling seems to have misguided a few users figured id just start a new post. Heres a couple more textures i made trying to learn to make textures. Hope someone finds a use for them.

heres a shot ingame

the textures

brick

green brick

mixed

not quite sure

as i said hope someone finds a home for them

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 05:07

Hmmmm, cant beleive no replies at all... shrugs oh well... someone rated it 5 stars tho go figure
Posted By: Blattsalat

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 06:04

a nice trick to add a 3d look to the bricks is to make a few small changes:
1.) paint the upper and the left side with a small white (1-2pixel and opaque) line ...you can use the dodge and burn as well for this
2.) paint a bigger small line at the bottom and right side of one brick to simulate sunlight
3.) paint a small burn slope onto the brick. start at the upper right corner and move to the lower left one...not linear but make a small bulge into it. this will add some depth to the brick.
4.) overlay the brick with a grain texture or a artistic layer (use multiply and lower the alpha to 10%) to add some randomnes to the brick.
Posted By: Josh_Arldt

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 09:22

Thanks FeiHongJr.
These textures may come in handy.
Posted By: spartan131

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 13:51

yea i like the green brick texture. i think il use it.
Posted By: Tozzy

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 15:54

Bricks look good Fei but not sure about the window . Looks like concrete . For 'fake none see through' windows, it's best just using a photo of a window or just use a sprite with alpha transparency . Nice effort though .

Oh and hey, how do we know it wasn't you that rated the thread 5 stars lol , I'm just kidding .
Posted By: Bilbo

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 16:48

i think it looks more like floor tiles =) good work fei!

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 17:09

Quote:

i think it looks more like floor tiles =) good work fei!

Concrete tiles then . Stop hair splitting Bilbo

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 17:11

hair splitting! why im gonan crush you when towlie makes his lil mini racing game! yeah im in it to *evil laugh*

Fei, by the way have you tried using the extras such as shadow bevel emboss ect. and what program was used?

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 18:21

Quote:

hair splitting! why im gonan crush you when towlie makes his lil mini racing game! yeah im in it to *evil laugh*

LOL well speaking of hair, you will have to tie yours back otherwise you won't be crushing anyone . I'd imagine it would be pretty difficult driving with curtains obstructing your view!! Maybe Towelie will shave off all of your hair and have done with it in the MED skin editor .

PWNED!!!!!!

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 18:28

ok ill leave u alone now but u just wait.......

Re: a couple more textures - 09/22/05 23:39

thanks alot everyone, Bupaje some great tips there Ill have to try them out when i get some time. Bilbo i used gimp to make it not sure what things you were talkin about. thanks for the kind words and tips
© 2024 lite-C Forums