A samurai sword(needs skin)

Posted By: FeiHongJr

A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 11:43

Just messing around i made a model of a katana. Figured id share it here incase anyone wanted it... as ussual needs a better skin just dont have the paitence for that part The model itself i dont think looks too bad tho could probally have done with a few less faces which is 656 but has a sheath too so The skin layout probally needs to be redone altogether... did that then decided id go back and merge a few vertices together to lower the poly count was 800 and something anyways hope someone can find a home for it credits not nessecary but allways welcomed Heres a screen shot and can be downloaded Here

Posted By: fogman

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 11:52

Sorry FeiHong, for me it says "invalid link"

[ fixed ]

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 11:53

ooops one sec

K should be fixed

Can also be downloaded here.... You have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the free link and should direct you to the download Here 2

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 11:58

Very nice, thanks!
IŽll make a skin for it and post it, if you want...

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 12:01

Thanks Sure sounds good to me I had planned on trying to do a really good job on the skin this time... however like normal by time i got done modeling it i didnt feel like doing the skin at all really didnt take too long tho.. about 15 mins tops. One day tho i will do a nice skin job for one of my models

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 13:20

So here, quick and dirty

(Engine shot)

I will send it to you per mail, then you can upload it

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 13:33

Hehe Much Better Thanks
Posted By: Grimber

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 13:58

looks nice Fel. I had started on one a while back but never finished it, i just had the blade meshed and UV mapped with a basic skin. never got around to working in the detials of the blade skin or building rest of the mesh.

Thought Id add it to your thread since its along the same line of item if someone might need it and can mess to build thier own sword.

aprox 190 polys

katana blade.zip

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 14:11

Nice I like it alot even has the tang ... pretty good job on the skin too ... I just did mine cause i seen a few people making katanas with straight blades so figured this might help someone out Used my katana as a guide image planned on using the photo for the skin too just didnt seem to work out too well so gave up as normal still waiting for fogman to send me the skin he did and ill upload it too My sword probally needs to be resized but figured that shouldnt be much of a problem at all

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 15:06

"still waiting for fogman to send me the skin he did"

Humm... you should have it...
If not, pm me, IŽll send it again then.

Re: A samurai sword(needs skin) - 06/17/05 20:27

Ok heres the sword with new skin thanks to fogman much better in my opinion Thanks

Katana

and again... you have to scroll to the bottom and click the free button then will direct you to the download.
also here

Just so you know the reason i used the two links is the first ones easier but it gets deleted after so long or so many downloads. the second is suppose to stay as long as I dont delete it or if it doesnt sit for so long without downloads. So use the first link if its dead try the second
© 2024 lite-C Forums