experience with dexsoft?

Posted By: JoGa

experience with dexsoft? - 10/18/11 08:49

Hey,

im Sorry, if this does not fit the forum category, I was not sure.

I want ask you with your experience with Dexsoft.
I bought a pack and got the Link for downloading.
In the File there are:
*.ase *.fbx
*.b3d *.gmf
*.dae *.lwo
*.dbo *.material
*.ms3d *.mtl
*.obj *.png
*.tga *.u3d
*.dts *.bat
*.x *.xml - files (a lot :)).
But in the description there is wrote:
Quote:
Available formats:
» lwo (Lightwave)
» obj (Wavefront)
» dts (Torque)
» b3d (Blitz 3D)
» ms3d (Milkshape)
» dae (Collada)
» FBX (Autodesk)
» x (DirectX)
» mdl (3DGameStudio)
» dbo (DarkBasic)
» mesh (Ogre XML)

and I can't find the *.mdl-files for MED, which are the only cause, I bought this package.
I wrote their support on 13.10.2011 but had no response.
I tried to wrote DEX in the 3DGS-forum, but "DEX is over their Private Topic limit."
I am concerned about this, because I get no response and if they don't offer this pack in mdl-format I can't use them but they had just 7 days for refund.
Quote:
If a models you purchased on DEXSOFT-GAMES is defective and/or differs substantially from the product description and product preview on our web site, you may return the model packs for a full refund within 7 calendar days of the purchase.

I think they are a reliable company but I am worried because my concern seems to fall on deaf ears.

Is anybody here, who already has experience with dexsoft?
Posted By: painkiller

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/18/11 08:51

anyway you can import the FBX 2010 in MED and it will keep textures, bones and animations
Posted By: gri

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/18/11 12:21

yepp,

i bought 2 packs and had no problem quick and easy.
Posted By: MrGuest

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/18/11 13:51

The packs I've bought never had any mdl files in the but converting from FBX was no problem (other than having to rename all the animation frames)

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/18/11 14:17

Okay, thanks for the hint of importing as *.fbx, it workes.
But it is a package of 69 individual models (including their LOD) and in consideration of the fact, that they wrote that mdl would be a available format, I bought this pack "with" the mdl formats :-/

I hope DEX will comment this soon and help.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/20/11 06:31

Out of experiance, i can tell you not to "wait" for the mdl files as they are mostly not usable because of wrong texturing. (Probably due to fast converting)
Import the fbx files, even its alot work, at the end it will be worth it.
Posted By: Redeemer

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/20/11 22:11

Maybe so, but as JoGa said, he bought the models because they were advertised to come in the .mdl format. Therefore, he's 100% entitled to get them in their proper format directly from Dexsoft.

Re: experience with dexsoft? - 10/21/11 13:10

Hey

Well, state of affairs:

They wrote, the *mdl-Support on their website was not provided any more, they will take it out of their list, I have to do it like painkiller explained.

Anyway, thanks for support, Redeemer and Co :-) Thanks for mention the export-tool, painkiller.
© 2024 lite-C Forums