Simle Model Conversion

Posted By: Angelus1818

Simle Model Conversion - 10/27/08 23:10

Hey guys,

I am having some problems doing this myself...I found this amazing model pack on ShareCG yesterday. The files are obj with dds skins. The problem is that when imported into MED they are HUGE lke so big that parts of them don't show up. Med can't even calculate all of it. So I need one or the other.

1: Could someone please covert these models to MDL fromat for use with WED. Here they are on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/4078/3d-model/light-model-pack

Beware there is a .max file in there ignore it unless you have 3DS MAX lol.

2: Is there a "Utilize" button like in Wings 3D in MED? To make the model a generic smaller size when all faces are selected? If I know how to do this I can forget someone else converting for me.

Thanks a bunch models will be used in my new freeware game coming up. I need3ed some lights beacuse as of now light is coming out of no-where!!!

-Angelus
Posted By: jigalypuff

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/27/08 23:28

here it is

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/27/08 23:38

Thanks you so much!!!! I just downloaded and viewed and they where the correct size and everything! You are just, wow, thanks. If you every need anything from me send me a PM I'll do something for you anytime. Like I am great with Web design in Joomla. So If you want someone to build a site for your games I'll do it free. I needed this bad. Thanks you again. I know I am ranting but you have make me so so happy today so I guess I'll just be quite for now lol maybe that will be good...C-ya!!!

P.S. (Thanks)
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/27/08 23:51

Wow, go jigalypuff laugh

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 00:00

Hey me again,

I love the converted models! Just tried to make a test scene with them but something odd is happening...I make a hallow cube add a model place it where I want inside the room, add a light on the model then add a postion. When I go to compile it SOMETIMES says it can't open my models and other times just will not display them. Just wondering if you know a fix....

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, yes I am saving before I compile....
Posted By: Blade280891

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 00:04

Are you re-compiling the whole map?

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 01:27

What do you mean? All I am doing is hitting "Compile" ( All Default settings) and then "Run"

Please clarify...Sorry

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 08:15

make sure they are in the same directory as your project files, open them in med
and open skin editor make sure material is not checked. the nresave so they are mdl7 at the moment they are mdl5

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 19:37

ooohhh

It's all because they are MDL5s...I should have noticed when I imported into Milshape3D lol...I'll fix it now..thanks!

EDIT:

I think I am going to post in the editors help section as I am still having problems. (They still don't show up) And yes they are now in MDL7 format so I have no clue whats wrong.

Thanks for the conversion though it means a-lot.

Re: Simle Model Conversion - 10/28/08 21:06

i just tested one and it works ok, strange indeed.
© 2024 lite-C Forums